For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@reubent 

I haven't had to click-a-pic captcha in a while. Selective based on perceived danger of the poster? Who knows?

I must be very dangerous then. 😁

Tom,

Sort of like the short sides on a 12” 45? Those are a different thing I know but every one I have (about 8) is worth the bother.

I have very few replacement records at all and none with an expanded number of discs. I do however have several newer issue, 33 rpm sets with 3 or 4 relatively short sides and they all sound great. I believe it helps. Most times I don’t mind the extra trouble (except for maybe on Neil Young’s recent Colorado - which is new but as you describe and is annoying - exception that proves the rule …)

opposite is too much ( > 25 minutes ) crammed on a side often doesn’t sound good on my rig. Case in point: in a box of piano sonatas nos. 1-4: < 20 min per side sound good. 5th: +30 min crammed on one side sounds flat, thin, crummy. Good test because every other aspect is apparently the same. But I suspect this is a well known thing to you and the cognoscenti here.

Sir Simon Rattle conducts Britten - Young Apollo / Canadian Carnival / Four French Songs / Scottish Ballad. City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra. Angel 1982

I wonder if there is a sweet spot regarding how many minutes of content are optimal when considering maximizing content, without affecting Sound Quality. I'm likely not as critical of a listener as some of you, so I find it annoying when there is only 10/12/13 minutes of content on a side, pushing the album to two disks unnecessarily.

However, if the Sound Quality is noticeably improved (even though I don't necessarily hear it), I'm all for it.