Need help choosing a new DAC

With so many options for DACs these days, I'm having a hard time deciding on a new DAC.  Currently considering a MHDT Orchid or Pagoda, Denafrips Pontus II, Benchmark DAC3,  Schitt Yggdrasil, or Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE.  I don't need any options such as volume control, BT, or MQA.  I also prefer musicality over measurements.  I'm currently using a SMSL SU-9, which will be moved over to my office system.  I'm tired of moving it back and forth between systems. My bank account prefers the cost of the Orchid since the other options cost up to twice as much, but I can go as high as $2500.  I mostly steam Qobuz thru a Raspberry Pi 4, but also use a Cambridge Audio CXC v2 CD transport on occasion.  My preamp is a Don Sachs DS2 tube preamp going into a D-Sonic m3a-1200s amp feeding "Gunned" MMGs.  I mostly listen to the Grateful Dead, rock, jazz, and acoustic music. Which DAC should I get and are the any others I should look at? 

terrapin77

I would add the Ayre Acoustics Codex to your list. It’s $1,995 new and has both USB and optical inputs. It’s somewhat comparable to the Benchmark in that it’s very neutral sounding and highly resolving, but unlike some solid state gear not edgy or overly bright. It’s something to which you can listen for hours given its clear, smooth sound. Also Ayre provides great support for their products. If you can audition the gear you are considering you will hopefully find one you like best. 

Happy listening!

@arafiq ​​​​​​I'm not 100% certain I'm going with a tube DAC. In fact, tube DACs only recently came on my radar as I have been doing research.  The other components in my system aren't leaving anytime soon. Just trying to find the right DAC for my system and keep it within my budget.  

I’ve never heard the Schiit Yggy but have the Bifrost 2 and think that it’s incredible FWIW. I found this video as a good resource. Guy goes into details with a lot of popular DAC’s (he does mention audio science review but goes off of sound, not measurements).

DAC Comparison - MidFi Guy

If you are willing to purchase used equipment I would add the Ayre Acoustics QB 9 or later QB 9DSD to your list. These are USB only DACs which were more expensive new than the CODEX, have both RCA and balanced outputs and are available used on Audiogon and other sites for $1,000 to $1,500. Ayre offers a major upgrade to Twenty status described in the link below. You can do the upgrade later. I thoroughly enjoy mine, which has been upgraded. I’ve listened to others costing twice as much but have had no reason to change horses.