Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Thanks for the comments. It is a signal ground not an AC ground.

It is sort of remarkable in the way the soundstage stage solidifies with this type of grounding.

I've just got to zero in on the proper gage. I agree that the cost for a Entreq Atlantis cable is ridiculous that's why I would like to know what it consists of.

ozzy

There's no current in the wire unless something is terribly wrong. So a light gauge is no worries.

Ah, no current then pretty much anything would work. I would use OCC copper personally. But silver would be fine.

Then why is the Entreq Atlantis cable $1600?

I have found an old description of one of their cables:

"Our top cables Apollo & Olympus are made of Silver, Cotton and Wood.
The silver conductors are twisted by our own developed system and then threated with high presure. This insure you will get best possible performance together with Entreq groundboxes. Simply, since they are developed by the same constructor for best performance. 1* 15 AWG conductor made by 4 different AWG´s twisted pure silver threads and threated with our high pressure process."

ozzy