Suggestion between benchmark Ahb2, Bob carver crimson 275 and rogue atlas magnum 2 amos

First ever post here. I have a peachtree nova 150 integrated amp, KEF LS50 metas, a Bluesound node, a vintage technics turntable and a schiit mani phono preamp. I am making the move to a separate amp and preamp. I have a preamp (a rogue rp-1) on order and I’m looking for an amp. I think I have it narrowed down to a Benchmark AHB2, a Bob Carver Crimson 275 or a Rogue Atlas Magnum 2. would appreciate any input the group might have or any alternate suggestions.

pwoodard922

Stick with the Rogue Atlas, had the exact set up and love the RP-1 (and it does have outputs for L/R Subs. I replaced my Atlas Magnum II with their M-180 Mono Blocks running into a pair of Klipsch Forte III's ...cant be beat frankly.

@pwoodard922 , I had the Crimson 275 in my system for a couple of weeks. While it was a nice package (small footprint, lightweight, beautiful aesthetic, easy to bias), my unit had a terribly loud transformer buzz. If you go with the Carver, I'd suggest Jim Clark Stereo and their true to word return policy. They were great to work with and had me return the unit to Wyred4Sound who actually build these units.

The amp did no harm to the sound, but I felt my Bob Latino ST-70 was every bit its equal at half the price. However the ST-70 throws more heat and is more work to bias.

jasonbourne52,

Why so angry? Don't be misled from an article based on one of those anti-audiophile web sites. The equipment that was tested is questionable so are the motives.

ozzy

I’d be reluctant to send my preamp output through a powered subwoofer crossover in order to high pass the satellites. If the Metas can’t deliver the SPLs you want then you need speakers that can. But I suspect that you have already decided they meet your volume needs, so do augment their low end with sub(s), but listen to compare whether using an HPXover kills your soundstage.