A cartridge that mates well with the Sutherland Loco phono preamp?

I’ve tried a Benz Glider…it was impressive but the bass was out-of-control . I am currently using an Ortofon Quintet Bronze. It’s better on the bottom end, but I am curious what others are finding out what  cartridge works well for them. The Locos are unique in that they like cartridges that require very little loading. 

rustie

I have the Little Loco also and have the same question. I have tried an Ortofon Rondo Red and an Audiotechnica ART-9. Both sound very good, the AT better but it's probably just a better cartridge. From what I've read the cartridge's internal impedance is probably the most significant spec (the lower the better), so the AT's 12 ohms is pretty low but how does the AT compare with other cartridges with the LL? Don't know.

I plan to try a My Sonic Labs cartridge with impedance of 1 ohm shortly after the new year. Unless people chime in with other recommendations.

I would think the question would be the sound of the arm / cartridge/ turntable. The function of the phono stage is to pass on as exactly as possible the sound it receives. As I upgraded my Phono stage a dozen times ($200 —-> $17,000) over the last fifty years… the Phono stage simply brought the sound from the turntable more naturally with a lower noise floor. I recommend focusing on the table, tone arm and cartridge to craft the sound you want. if the phono stage gets in the way, then look at upgrading it.