What speakers to get?? Help

I recently purchased a turntable (Audio Technica AT-LP120) and am looking for the best speakers for it under $250-college student budget. It has a built in pre-amp. I don't know too much about this stuff so asking all you experts there. I listen to folk, rock, classic rock, metal. mostly classic rock. Thank you!
rconn3
Monitor Audio makes good speakers at reasonable prices. I assume you have a decent enough source and amp. Otherwise you may have to go with some self powered mini monitors like AudioEngine, they are available on Audio Advisor I believe. Speakers are definitely a personal choice thing, and you should try to audition some if you can. Just because I or a reviewer likes a speaker it doesn't mean you will so YMMV etc.
** dealer disclaimer**

You can get a new PR of PSB's for that price. Pretty tough to beat for the money.
If you can save up a little more, the Audioengine A5 is the one to get. It costs about $299 a pair. It has a built in amp that can be connected to a pre-amp directly. It sound really good too.

If you really can't afford it than get the smaller A2 for less than $200 a pair. Both are good speakers. A5 will give you better bass and more dynamic.
Post removed