If you have a CD Player, you need to do this periodically...

I would rather imagine that most audiophiles are aware of this, but if not, may I recommend a very easy tweak that has always produced positive results in every system I've had:

Ayre - Irrational, But Efficacious!

Densen - DeMagic

These are System Enhancement Discs which reduces magnetism that has built up during playback. I'm pretty sure there are other products that purport to do the same thing. These two have certainly worked for me. Good listening!!

brauser

I use a couple to. I also degaussing my ES Sonys. Anything with a physical hard drive you have to be careful, you'll wipe the drive.. If you open up almost anything that has spinning or moving parts with unlike metals, some become magnetized. There is only one way to fix it.. Degaussing. Same with all stereo equipment. How often is it done. NEVER.. I have R2R, Turntables, and silver disk, I degauss them all.

Please don't degauss a Server and if you do, would you please take a video and post it.. Thanks

Merry Christmas..

I use the Isotek system enhancer CD which is the same as the Esoteric one. I use it twice a year on both set ups. 

Isotek won an award for this in 6 moons over 15 years ago ,I use it as a breakin cd as well as track 3 a 5 minute system demagnetized tune it it truly works I use it every few days if you go a week , listen to one track you know well. Then put on track 3 ,or whatever disc you own ,then replay the same song, it clearer performance and more settled. They stil sell the Isotek cd for $35 on line 

I ripped it to my hard drive track 1 and 2 for large and small speaker run in 

and works well with equipment taxing the capacitors for faster runin.

+1 on the system cleanse benefits the Isotek disc performs on my systems.

While we are talking about it demagnetizing CDs impacts a noticable improvement to the sound quality as well. 

Would there be a problem if I played it periodically from the copy of the ayre disc I have in my hard drive .

play it through my server, dac …..