What are you using as a streamer? Constructive feedback please.

Wondering what improvements I can made to my streaming end and what you all are using.

Not looking to rip CDs and I mostly listen to vinyl.

System right now is:

Node 2 (latest version used streaming only with Roon)

Bel Canto e.One ref DAC 2.7

Bel Canto e.One ref CD3t Transport.

Bel Canto e.One ref 501S (best Class D to date to ever grace my system)

Mini GaN 5 ( had to try it and swap it in and out)

AM Qualiton X200 Tube Integrated (love it and gets most use)

QLN Prestige 5 Speakers.

All cables and wires are Signal Cable.

Appreciate the constructive feedback.

Have a great day.

128x128jerryg123

+1 on the Node 2i and Amazon HD. Fits my budget and am not wanting for more. My local audio store used Node on all their demo systems. Besides, I'm 64 and don't think I could hear any subtle differences in more expensive gear. Most importantly, I'm enjoying the music and finding new artists.

I have 2 Raspberry Pi3 based music streamers in my home. One is a bare-bones build with just the RP3 board, in an acrylic case with an cheap switching power supply. This one is USB output only. The other one is the same, but has a HiFiBerry Dac+ Pro DAC hat installed, plus an upgraded iFi power supply. The DAC+ Pro attaches directly to the top of the RP3 board via a I2S bus, so no cable needed. Both run Volumio OS.

I've been very happy with both streamers since switching from Moode OS to Volumio. Standard Volumio OS is free to download. They have 2 tiers of premium subscriptions that add additional functionality. Both tiers are very inexpensive - $50-$100/year. I do not currently have either premium tier. I just use the free version.

I have my two streamers connected to my primary audio system and my office system. I control both of them via an Volumio using an internet browser on either my laptop or my phone. Easy Peasy...

Anyone wanting to dip their toe into streaming can build a RP streamer for under $100 and give it a try.

I have a Roon Nucleus powered by Mojo Audio Illuminati power supply. Very happy with it. I stream via Tidal and Qobuz. 

Computer Audio Design CAT feeding an Aesthetix Romulus Eclipse

Gigafoil with Keces LPS on the Ethernet just prior to the CAT

CAD GC1 ground control on the CAT

Upgraded from a Logitech transporter feeding an Arye Codex

i doubt the bits changed but the sound sure did. I used to think it was only the bits that mattered but listening changed my mind 

I tried a number of streamers before committing to a Lumin T2. The Bel Estream was a disappointment, as was the a BlueSound. I did keep a Bluesound Powernode to power the inwalls in my dining room and kitchen, but for critical listening it was not great. Auralic was detailed but dry, the Linn the same. I did not try Aurender as it failed to support Roon. Used a Lumin D2 for a year and it was decent but the T2 was stellar.