Biamp question

I have a biamping question. I am thinking of biamping leagacy audio signature se speakers using a ss Parasound a21+ for LF and a rogue st 100 for HF. I am using a rogue rp7 preamp. Anyone have any input on if this will work or not? Thanks. 

backdoor

The gain on Parasound is adjustable so I believe I should be able to match the gain by adjusting on the Parasound to match the Rogue. I’m pretty green here so not sure that makes sense or not. 

The gain on Parasound is adjustable so I believe I should be able to match the gain by adjusting on the Parasound to match the Rogue.

If the output of the Parasound is louder than the Rouge then you are good. But if the Rouge plays louder, turning the Parasound down won't work.

I guess I won’t know that until I try it. On the crossover question, I want to get a crossover that already matches the crossover points of the speakers. Is that pretty accurate?

I guess I won’t know that until I try it. On the crossover question, I want to get a crossover that already matches the crossover points of the speakers.

External XOs are adjustable. I use the First Watt B4, Marchand makes them, and several other manufacturers.

Typically on these XOs there is one input (connected to your preamp out), and two outputs connected to your Parasound and Rouge amps: High frequency and low frequency. So 20 Hz - 20 KHz (nominally) goes from your preamp into the XO and you set what range of frequencies comes out of the LF and HF outputs. So you can set the outputs to match the XO points the speaker manufacturer designed.

Note that this discussion about external XOs is only if you will not be using the internal crossovers built into your speakers.

Honestly I am not sure how to use the built in crossovers of the speakers. Seems the connections would be different. Please excuse my ignorance on this topic.