Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

@tomic601 - do you have any info on the SOTA reflex clamp and how it would attach to a non threaded spindle like the Rega P8 has? I am always looking at ways to improve the sound.

I don't think Lew @lewm is frugal with his cartridge collection :-)...

@sokogear the Reflex clamp i have is essentially a collet that slides over smooth spindle and a knurled knob on top of clamp compresses the collet. i think the latest version has a cam lever that compresses the collet. Best to you !

i am a Robot seeking to emulate an edgewound Lew at least as cartridge acquisition goes…

SOTA reflex clamp works by gripping any spindle when the lever is pushed down and locked.

@mijostyn 

I don't see many recent reviews about the Oracle Audio Delphi (newest version) MkVI.  Because of the brand reputation of SME, I'm leaning in that direction.  All things being equal (cartridge, tonearm), do you know how the Oracle Delphi Mk VI would differ sonically from the SME 20/3? 

I'll have to read about the Transrotor tonearm, but from what I superficially know about tonearms (reading easily available reviews), I might lean towards a Graham Phantom III tonearm or a Kuzma 4Point tonearm.  This decision would make more complex choices; however, the SME 20/3 is an easy decision and set up with the series V tonearm.  

From what I read about tonearms, the Kuzma 4Point was very highly reviewed, and if I were to get a Kuzma tonearm, I suppose I should consider the Kuzma Stabi R turntable.  

Any idea how the Kuzma Stabi R with Kuzma 4Point would compare to the SME 20/3 with series V tonearm? 
Thanks. 

Kuzma Stabi R looks good and you can install several arms. That’s good option, but, as time often says the truth, it seems that for many Kuzma lovers and users, that, in their line of TTs, the Reference would be «Belle inconnue », more musical than hifish. Don’t know myself but hard that a couple of times in the last months.