Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@boxer12 Tim, since you’re on a King Crimson roll, do you have any of Fripp’s work when he was doing The League of Crafty Guitarists?

Only time for one tonight,

Firesign Theatre “Don’t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers” Columbia 1970

Tunehead,

Welcome! So I checked out the specs of your preamp & your cartridge. The MC setting on your pre gives you 50db gain & 100 ohms load. Your cartridge output is .35mv with a 100 ohm load recommendation. That stated, your cartridge output is fairly low (not extreme) as is the preamps 50db gain. This is why it sounds "softer" compared to your prior ADC MM. So yes, a separate phono preamp (say one with at least 60db gain) will correct the "softness" you hear & probably improve the cartridges performance overall. An SUT will do that as well but if you go through the MM section of your preamp you’ll be stuck with 47K ohm load. That could make the cartridge kind of bright. Either way, you’ll be looking at spending more money so unless you’re hearing "noise or distortion" with your current set up, I wouldn’t worry about it until you are ready to upgrade.

Just my 2 cents

Hey Puffball (Dan),

I do but unfortunately only via CD. Great stuff though!

The Life Aquatic- lots of Bowie covers by a lone, unaccompanied Frenchman with a guitar.