More expensive = better?

Because I have never owned any very high end gear I’m wondering if an $8000 integrated amp will sound jaw dropping better than a $5000 one? Right now my system is Parasound JC2 and SMC Audio DNA1 Gold. 

Thanks in advance,

Ben

honashagen

What's your definition of "jaw dropping"?

Let's be honest - humans are emotional beings.

In general items cost more only if folks are willing to pay the higher price.

Are there $5k integrated amplifies that sound better than an $8k integrated amplifier - it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

If you look at established high quality brands - within their product lines there will be a difference in the integrated amps at various price points.  McIntosh has integrated amps at $5k and $8k and there's differences...I don't know if they are earth shattering.

If you look at other brands - say NAD or Rogue and you'll experience a difference in sound as you go up the model range.  And you'll notice a difference between the brands at the same price point.

When comparing a SS versus Tube and Class AB versus Class D you may hear a drastic presentation.  And that can be very personal.

And there's going to be someone that states - you can great quality system for less than $1k all in...and you can.

In the end, I try to enjoy my system as is.  Why?  Because the goal for me is to enjoy listening to music.

I am stunned by the general ignorance....

Acoustic is key NOT the price of the gear...And i dont speak here about buying costly materials passive treatment...A dedicated room is the ONLY luxury in audio....NOTHING ELSE IS....But why any gear manucturing company could not spell the beans about that ? Guess why....

My system is under 500 bucks and even better system at any price are UNABLE to give me any upgrade fever ever... they are better yes but think about the ratio S.Q. / price ...my system price made it with a ratio S.Q. /price over the roof....

Ok am i deaf?

No, i fine tuned myself my room by hearing experiments daily on almost one year period with fun and  junk materials from my basement... I used not only passive materials treatment but more importantly psycho-acoustic methods and Helmoltz acoustic resonators grid and diffusers...

Cost = zero bucks...

Acoustic is the sleeping princess and any piece of gear is only one of the 7 working dwarves...

What do you think i spoke about : a publicity for GIK acoustic bass traps?

Yes read audio thread, how many spoke about not ONLY about room treatment with passive materials but also active controls...

Almost none...They boast about pricey dac or speakers or amplifiers...

For sure almost nobody know that an acoustically DEDICATED room is the ONLY luxury in audio...

Not a costly piece of gear ....

A beginner enter read all that, and he think that an amplifier of 10,000 bucks and costly speakers will give him the best S.Q./price ratio in his living room...my system cost 500 bucks ... I am not the ideal choice for gear publicity....

This is how a customer crowd is conditioned...No acoustic lesson and especiually no psycho-acoustic lesson either... Am i stunned after 9 years or reading the free publicity for gear in audio thread , putting aside the ESSENTIAL acoustic ? Yes i am...Call me a fool...

mahgister stunned by general ignorance?