How much gear do you own?

Do you have multiples of amps, preamps, speakers, cables, etc?

I do, and am starting to realize it's leaning hard toward a sickness rather than a passionate hobby.  Either that, or I'm getting up in age and tired of all the "stuff" I've acquired taking up so much space.

I went through a phase about ten years ago where I got tired of stereo gear and dumped most of it.  I really regretted it after a few years and acquired most (and then much more) back.

But this time it feels different somehow.  And I really think it has to do with my age...pushing 60.

Others go through this?

Thoughts?

128x128audiodwebe

I just changed from using separates for 55 years over to an integrated amplifier.

I sold off 5?listening rooms of hi end gear- quad E 57s, Magnapanar, TAD, AR 3, paradigm, Boulder, Dynaco, McIntosh, Peachtree, Belles etc etc

Feel liberated- so happy

i stumbled over a Rotel A14 and was shocked how good it sounds coupled with Elac and Epos speakers and a Cambridge streamer.  The only piece I kept was a Calif Audio Lab Mark Ii CD PLAYER that is terrific!

Im a minimalist! 

And the room sounds good

Not as much since I gave my brother in law and older 5.0 speaker set.  But I still have a center channel, two headphone amps, a DAC, and several headphones stored in a closet which don't get used.

More than I need, not as much as I want. Multiples of a few things I switch between, but not a full complement to have multiple systems. Yet. But I usually keep things until they die and need to be replaced. It’s only recently I’ve bought more. 

“How much gear do you own?”

A special audit would be required to answer that question……

I can't believe most you guys are such dumbasses wasting your money on so much stuff, I have a $60,000 system consisting of one preamp 1 amp one CD transport one up sampler and one deck and a pair of speakers and all my cables are OCC single Crystal and it sounds incredible. the last upgrade I'm going to make is Townshend podiums for the speakers.