More expensive = better?

Because I have never owned any very high end gear I’m wondering if an $8000 integrated amp will sound jaw dropping better than a $5000 one? Right now my system is Parasound JC2 and SMC Audio DNA1 Gold. 

Thanks in advance,

Ben

honashagen

Well I’ve been searching YouTube about room treatment. Just go there and check it out. That’s the reason most people don’t do it right. It is so complicated.

Exactly right....

And acoustic company SELL EASY SOLUTIONS APPLICABE FOR ALL... Not an optimal room for your specific ears and specific audio system...

It takes me one year of DAILY listening experiment to figure it out...( i am retired)

The price of an acoustically optimal room would be out of the purse of almost everybody....

I created mine at no cost, but it is ugly , low cost for sure, but so powerful in S.Q. improvement that any upgrade seems unneccessary even if for sure i will improve by upgrading around 15,000 bucks my 500 bucks system now.... It was my reward to be able to be happy at last with what i have with no huge insatisfaction...

Audio thread sells upgrade mania not acoustic knowledge....Guess why?

Acoustic is the sleeping princess and all pieces of gear are only the 7 working dwarves....