Bully pulpits

It’s pathetic that so many alleged audiophiles use a hobbyist site like Audiogon as a bully pulpit to express political or conspiracy opinions. Thank you for spoiling so much of what an enjoyable hobby forum used to be. 

hhscott

Well I think everyone should check out those on this forum that comment immediately when a political comment is made. Either to condemn or support. Often those that complain most about political tangents on an audio forum are the first to keep these posts going. 

So it's the timing that upsets you and leads you to come to this conclusion?  Notice how you cleverly tried to maintain neutrality by saying it doesn't matter which side one takes. Sounds like you were looking for an excuse to get your licks in.

As for me, it was applauding the tone and temper of the post, which seemed to put an end to this exercise until you posted so negatively.

All the best,
Nonoise

Keep the gifs coming, nonoise!  Love 'em!

Beats trying to engage staff-level cultists in meaningful conversation.  When there's clearly zero attachment to objective reality, what is one to do......?

Your earlier observation about zero shame/embrace of same was spot-on, btw.

Here is how I apply politics to all of my purchases. I try to avoid buying products from any country that has an active murder for organs program. I try to purchase as many products as possible from my country as it does not have a murder for organs program. 

More to discover