What are you using as a streamer? Constructive feedback please.

Wondering what improvements I can made to my streaming end and what you all are using.

Not looking to rip CDs and I mostly listen to vinyl.

System right now is:

Node 2 (latest version used streaming only with Roon)

Bel Canto e.One ref DAC 2.7

Bel Canto e.One ref CD3t Transport.

Bel Canto e.One ref 501S (best Class D to date to ever grace my system)

Mini GaN 5 ( had to try it and swap it in and out)

AM Qualiton X200 Tube Integrated (love it and gets most use)

QLN Prestige 5 Speakers.

All cables and wires are Signal Cable.

Appreciate the constructive feedback.

Have a great day.

128x128jerryg123

I started with Bluesound Node 2i and am generally happy with it. I upgraded it with an external power supply mod to take the AC out of the chassis -  makes a difference.  On my main systems, I upgraded to an Auralic Aries G2 using wireless driving my Audiomirror Tubadour SE DAC.  I also use a Bricasti M3 DAC with the network streamer option fed by ethernet on the other high-end system.  Right now I am in my office listening to the Bluesound Node 2i (w/ upgrade) with the Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC.  Sounds great.  I have found I am very sensitive to digital glare, and all of my systems are at a place now where that isn't a problem for me.

Using a Cambridge Azur 851N. it's about $1500. I'm currently rotating amps and speakers:  Pass Int-25 / Luxman 505 uXII  with  Harbeth SHL5 plus HD / Klipsch HeresyIV / Dynaudio Heritage Special. 

@wjob Did/do you find the Auralic and Bricasti server options provide superior sound quality vs. the BS Node?   

@pdreher - yes, I did.  Both the Bricasti and Auralic showed improvements.  Probably the best bang for the buck is the Bricasti network option at a $1000 add-on (but you do need software to stream to - MCAST is free; I use Roon on a SGC i5 server).  As the Bricasti has a large onboard cache, it seems to be invariant to the server with respect to sound quality.  (That said, a filter such as the Network Acoustics ENO does seem to improve the sound slightly by decreasing electric noise to the unit.)  The Auralic is also better than the Bluesound, including the Bluesound with the power supply upgrade.  Just a little more detail and soundstage.  The Auralic software also sounds better than Roon using the Auralic as an endpoint.  I also like the screen the Auralic has as well as options to upsample and use different filters.  All small improvements.  

All that said, the Bluesound with the upgrade is really quite good and I believe a great value, esp given the included software ecosystem.  You might be able to do better with a Pi based DIY solution, but that may not appeal to everyone.  If you told me I could only stream the Bluesound and never use anything better, well I wouldn't be too upset.  I think the Bluesound is a great entry point for those who want to stream, and for many could be an endpoint.

I amusing a computer I built with Noktua biggest radiator and SS drives using Linux 

operatung system   On the Ethernet input the excellent uptone audio Ether regen which cleans the incoming Ethernet it’s nice hub , Wire World starlight Ethernet cable ,  USB cable  Audiogon - Grannyring makes Excellent quality Great value cables Acoustic BBQ ,going to a Denafrips Iris DDC Reclocker  , Clock sync  BNC cables ,then I2S cables all Wire World to New Terminator-2  Dac  which I use Roon  
and QObuz  toWestern DigitalSS drives. Until I decide to spend $5-6k  on a dedicated streamer server  this sounds very good.