The Big Misconception About Electricity

This vid goes quite a ways down the road to explaining why:

1)  Power cords make a not so subtle difference.

2) Cable elevators should not be looked at askance.

Regards, barts

128x128barts

While the simulation produced a nine-sided shape instead of the hexagon the scientists were expecting, this still suggests that Yadav and Bloxham are onto something.

“The hexagon is likely very deep,” they said. “Our model simultaneously and self-consistently produces alternating zonal jets, the polar cyclone, and hexagon-like polygonal structures similar to those observed on Saturn.”

Even if some bizarre life form could just barely survive on Saturn, it is unlikely anything would want to."

1) The formation goes very high up into the atmosphere.

2) This "Explanation" doesn’t even mention the concentric hexagonal zones

3) No mention of temperature variations

4) Shapes created in simulation are not Hexagonal.

5) It is a computer simulation....I can simulate a dragon fighting an orc...doesn’t mean anything.

Pay attention.....to...what you accept as evidence, when it is in defense of theories you already accept as being true.

Anything is good enough......."computer simulations"..... vaguely recreating 1 one of the parameters....is enough. Grabage in garbage out.

Do you see my point yet?

and hexagon-like polygonal structures similar to those observed on Saturn.”

This is the problem with science reporting. They first produced 9 sided then realized the cloud formation was much deeper adjusted their model and it formed into a hexagon AND the other atmospheric phenomenon of Saturn. If I can find a non paywall link to the original paper I will post it.

Oh Cindy....the problem is much much deeper than that. I DO NOT accept computer simulations as a proof of anything. (not that the simulation in this case is  satisfactory even if I did).

I can create a simulation......wait for it... that can can simulate ANYTHING. If I don’t get my desired result, I can keep tweaking my parameters till I do.

This is not what I call SCIENCE. You do... and I understand that.....I don’t.

Laboratory experiments are not good enough for you, but computer simulations are....this is where we part ways my friend.

A natural system is infinitely complex, and to have an accurate working computer model to simulate all the conditions on a place like Saturn, foreseen, seen, and unseen is completely impossible. It cannot be done. (I don’t think even you are claiming that we know everything about the inner workings of the Gas Giant, or are you?).

This is not evidence.....I hope you are now starting to understand my comment about smelling your own farts for too long.

Post removed 

This is rich, we use mathematics of the gravitational model to send spacecraft that takes photographs of a hexagonal storm on Saturn that disproves the gravitational model?  

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Electric_Universe