Qobuz Issue

I've purchased a "Sublime" account, which Qobuz accepted my Credit Card for. I go to download discounted music and Qobuz won't accept that same card. Turns out, they won't accept any card for downloading. I attempted to buy music with my debit card, no good. I've contacted my card company twice and they assure me theres no block on my Credit card. Sebastien and I are swapping emails and that's slow. Sebastien tells me they have opened investigation that can take up to 10 days. Anyone have suggestions or a remedy?

2020matters

Yes, I do have a PayPal account. But having hitched my wagon - after masses of research - to the Qobuz star, I'd like to know why credit cards don't work with it.

Still puzzled. I cannot use PayPal either. This is what happens:

1. I log into the Qobuz website
  2. single-click on the (web) 'Download Store’ tab and am taken here
  3. search for the album I want - e.g. ‘Fabio Biondi Bach’ in the search bar at the top right of the Qobuz store which is also here
  4. see the album I want to download under ’Sublime’ here
  5. single click on it here (URL arguments will make this page unviewable now, I understand)
  6. single-click on the ‘Buy the album (starting at $19.99)’ button - white and orange text on black background
  7. get the popup to continue
  8. single-click on the ‘Finalize my order’ button, white text on black background
  9. but nothing happens; I am taken back to the home page here
  10. so I scroll down to 'Retrieve my purchases > ’ under the Download area/section of that page
  11. But - again:
  12. I am then taken to this page
  13. At the top it says 'You have 1 item(s) in your cart’ and there is another ‘Finalize my order’ white text on blue background button; and in the centre underneath it says ’Nothing found’
  14. Single-clicking on either of these just takes me back to this page

If anyone can see at what stage I am going wrong in getting to the Cart for PayPal, Id very much appreciate their help! Thanks :-)

Mark, with credit card being my only access to Qobuz high res, I'm really wanting to find an answer also. I continue to get generic email from Sebastien saying Qobuz has new music. Which is like a kick in the nads. Kinda makes me angry. I emailed the "customer service" in a check out page because I wanted to make sure everyone that could, knew I was having problems paying and just like I suspected, the next day I receive a reply to that email from... Sebastien.

The amount of time it takes to solve this CC issue, is time from my yearly subscription. When all gets straitened, I hope that's also in the Qobuz mind. Mark, I'll go through the check out process and compare, tomorrow. I think your getting closer than I am to making music yours.

Thanks for supporting this rather odd situation, @2020matters!

I have made some progress:

I was able to complete a transaction as intended (but only with PayPal, which is OK) by using a VPN set to France.

Sébastien explained in no uncertain terms that Qobuz forbids the use of VPNs and that, if one is detected again, my account would be closed and they would not consider any kind of appeal!

Message understood.

I still feel as though this is a network issue. Something in their (third party) merchant setup is defeating transactions as such.

But of almost equal concern is the loop which I (at least - as in my post above) encounter when trying to get a purchase into the cart and pay for it (albeit with PayPal).

Yesterday, however, I tried to do the whole thing from scratch. Restart. FireFox (and of course no VPN).

It worked flawlessly. I was able to complete the purchase and initiate the download of eight tracks on a high-res CD and have the FLAC files in the right directory to import into Roon in about 15 minutes.

This makes me think that - even though I deleted cookies and disabled all other trackers, blockers etc - perhaps once you've started a purchase trying to use Visa etc, misconfigurations or bugs in the Qobuz system shut you out and result in the loop I described above.

I'm waiting for Sébastien's response to what for me seems like good news.

But if I'm honest, like you, I still don't really know where I satin or what to expect.

Hey Mark, My process

1. Qobuz desktop app, I then empty cart and fill it up with two Sublime titles. I click the first title and Qobuz opens browser.

2. Then I minimize the browser to add second title.

3. FireFox opens to log in Qobuz. My Email/pass is stored so I click empty space and select email/pass.

4. I’m at the Qobuz cart with both selections

5. Check the "Hereby I consent..." message. Click "access payment" button.

6. "Enter payment details" Click the blue pay button and it reads "The payment was refused. Verify your bank details before proceeding with a payment again"

I was considering using a VPN. I see that wouldn’t have lasted long, so much for that idea. Thanks Mark It’s worth a lot to know now I’m not the only one. I guess I’ll have to keep being kicked until Qobuz works everything out. I hope to post soon, everything is fine with the year subscription.