Qobuz Issue

I've purchased a "Sublime" account, which Qobuz accepted my Credit Card for. I go to download discounted music and Qobuz won't accept that same card. Turns out, they won't accept any card for downloading. I attempted to buy music with my debit card, no good. I've contacted my card company twice and they assure me theres no block on my Credit card. Sebastien and I are swapping emails and that's slow. Sebastien tells me they have opened investigation that can take up to 10 days. Anyone have suggestions or a remedy?

2020matters

(New here… hope this is helpful)

I did a lot of research before subscribing to Qobuz after Apple swallowed PrimePhonic. The way in which everything else - except purchasing - works on Qobuz seems exemplary.

But I was pretty upset when I tried to make my first ('Sublime' discounted… $29.99 to $19.99) high-res download.

The 'progress' from (in my case macOS) app to website is counter-intuitive. But (I assume) that's how it's implemented? The app can't be used for purchases, can it?

I've sometimes been getting 'Finalise your purchase'; sometimes not. Sometimes it shows one purchased item in my cart - but it also says 'nothing found' on the same page; sometimes not. Nor does that very consistently lead to any obvious place/page where I can actually complete the purchase.

Qobuz's own FAQ on the procedure doesn't match the actual (names of the) tabs.

Those few times when I have managed to get past 'Finalise', there's no indication of where to go next actually to complete the purchase. Then I noticed 'Retrieve my purchases' but this just loops back to the main page.

I invariably get a message that I should check with my bank because the transaction was declined. Each time I do so, the bank has no record of such a failure and tells me to check with the merchant.

I've tried about 30 times - admittedly with the same album, but on both Safari and Firefox and after reboots etc.

And after making sure that I have all VPNs, content- and ad-blockers etc disabled. And popups enabled. As well as trying to get my Qobuz account name etc strings as close to those on the several credit cards as possible (including the one I subscribed in the first place with - which went through perfectly a week or so ago).

I heard back from Sébastien this morning (does anyone know, please: does he work US or French hours; is he the only tech?) asking for details of my credit card to take it up with their third party fulfillment agency.

I confess to being a little thrown by all of this. Is it normal, new? is it likely to be fixed? Should I be worried?

TIA!

Is there a reason why you don't have a Paypal account?  I know some people don't like them, but it might be the easiest solution to your problem.

Yes, I do have a PayPal account. But having hitched my wagon - after masses of research - to the Qobuz star, I'd like to know why credit cards don't work with it.

Still puzzled. I cannot use PayPal either. This is what happens:

1. I log into the Qobuz website
  2. single-click on the (web) 'Download Store’ tab and am taken here
  3. search for the album I want - e.g. ‘Fabio Biondi Bach’ in the search bar at the top right of the Qobuz store which is also here
  4. see the album I want to download under ’Sublime’ here
  5. single click on it here (URL arguments will make this page unviewable now, I understand)
  6. single-click on the ‘Buy the album (starting at $19.99)’ button - white and orange text on black background
  7. get the popup to continue
  8. single-click on the ‘Finalize my order’ button, white text on black background
  9. but nothing happens; I am taken back to the home page here
  10. so I scroll down to 'Retrieve my purchases > ’ under the Download area/section of that page
  11. But - again:
  12. I am then taken to this page
  13. At the top it says 'You have 1 item(s) in your cart’ and there is another ‘Finalize my order’ white text on blue background button; and in the centre underneath it says ’Nothing found’
  14. Single-clicking on either of these just takes me back to this page

If anyone can see at what stage I am going wrong in getting to the Cart for PayPal, Id very much appreciate their help! Thanks :-)

Mark, with credit card being my only access to Qobuz high res, I'm really wanting to find an answer also. I continue to get generic email from Sebastien saying Qobuz has new music. Which is like a kick in the nads. Kinda makes me angry. I emailed the "customer service" in a check out page because I wanted to make sure everyone that could, knew I was having problems paying and just like I suspected, the next day I receive a reply to that email from... Sebastien.

The amount of time it takes to solve this CC issue, is time from my yearly subscription. When all gets straitened, I hope that's also in the Qobuz mind. Mark, I'll go through the check out process and compare, tomorrow. I think your getting closer than I am to making music yours.