Jantzen Wax Coil or Mundorf M-Coil CFC

Hi Everyone,

Need to build a new crossover for my Tannoy Monitor Red. My first choice for inductor is Mundorf Copper Air , M-Coil CFC. But it don't have the value I need and so I have to ask Mundorf to custom made it for a price. Then I found the Jantzen Copper Wax Coil, which looks fancy and cheaper. However, Can't find any review online. 

I am wondering if anyone has experience with these coil and which is better? 

thanks
Vic
viclauyyc
Post removed 

@gererick Honestly, I can only go by what others have said, they are supposed to be the best inductors on the market. I have extensive experience with Duelund capacitors and they are worth every penny.  Their performance for me has been phenomenal. 

I will be getting some Magnepan 20.7s at some point this coming year, and of course I'll leave some impressions...till then it's fingers crossed.

Yuviarora, thanks! Do you have any perspective as to optimal gauge (AWG) of inductor? I am hearing via audiocircle that 12 gauge sounds better than 14 gauge on the midrange section. Resistance is lower so it will not match the original if the original is higher gauge, but not so much lower that it materially changes dB levels.

in the woofer section, lower gauge than 12 AWG could possibly be better still. The poster felt that two 12 AWG inductors = 9 AWG would be better than an 8 or 9 AWG inductor. Two 12 AWG inductors of 1mH each in parallel does not equal 2 mph, though.

That poster seems to have posted some info that others more reputable did not agree with, so his posts have uncertain reliability.  Nothing absurd, just small stuff.

Thoughts?

12 gauge all the way. I have tried 16 and 12 gauge, and the 12 sounded better in every possible way. The difference in cost is nothing for an $18k speaker :)

I think anything over 12 gauge might be overkill, but then again I have seen others claim otherwise. Mundorf has a 70mm wide inductor, comes out as 10 gauge which might be a good option. 

Jantzen 10 gauges are thicker foils, which I would stay away from. 

You have some very nice speakers, hopefully I get to listen to pair one of these days.