Tonearm for Technics SP-15

I have a Technics SP-15 turntable with a Grace 707 arm and a Grace F9E cartridge with a Soundsmith new stylus.  This combination sounds great but is limiting.  The 707  tonearm has a fixed headshell and it does not allow me to easily swap other MM  high compliance catridges or match compliance requirments MC cartridges.  Suggestions welcome from those more expert than I.  

arneama22

Everyone keeps talking about the unique VTA on the fly adjustment of the Technics arm so I had to look that up. Aside from 20MM of travel (Technics) opposed to 6MM of travel (that can be reset by simply loosening the collet lock on the pillar and sliding the tonearm up or down) of the Victor UA-7045 and UA-7082 is there really any difference? Looks like they both use a calibrated concentric knurled ring that is simply rotated to raise or lower the tonearm. Yes, I understand the other aspects of the arms are different.

So what makes the Technics unique?

BillWojo

Acos Lustre GST-1 appears to have an early version of their VTA on the Fly.

Would GST-1 fit on a Technics SP15?

do we like this arm? concerns?

Does anyone know if the gst-1 will fit on the SP15?

spindle to pivot ____mm ?

pivot to back of counterweight?

height of gimbal from top of arm wand?

height: to get ’up’ high enough for the SP15 platter height, is a spacer below the arm needed, or the arm post long enough?