Your last concert was to see who and when?

Pretty simple, what and when was your last concert?
kiddman
Tonight, John Hiatt with The Jerry Douglas Band. Music making on a very high level. A master songwriter and stylized vocalist, a band composed of virtuosos, on a level with Jazz musicians. The band changed gears and turned corners like a highly-tuned race car, far above the capabilities of almost all Rock bands. Of course, they are not a Rock band, but they played some passages with as much drive and torque as AC/DC.

And their ensemble playing was infused with dynamic contrasts rarely heard in live music, in any genre. All band members (Jerry of course on dobro, along with an electric guitarist, an upright bassist, and a fiddler) took numerous solos, all very musical (if you have to ask what that means, I can't help you ;-). I love when a soloist plays straight eights against swinging accompaniment, or visa versa. Which they all did. Very hip.
I saw The Tubes tonight - 10/28/2021 @ The Ludlow Garage in Cincinnati's Clifton neighborhood. This is the third time I've seen them - 1979, 1996-ish and 2021. GREAT, every time. Fee Waybill is 70 years old! Still does "Mondo Bondage" and "White Punks on Dope"! Scary moment tonight. The 8 ft tall Quay Lewd (fee on huge platform shoes) got off balance fell off the stage! Luckily, not injured and keep singing like it was part of the act.

BTW, for any fans, or non-fans, Roger Steen is a monster guitar player. Really fantastic.

Fun, fun music, from back in my day. Could have gone either way. Was really happy that they still got it and seemed to be having a good laugh at their own expense...

Shovels and Rope - Bare Bones Tour - tonight, 11/19/2021 at The Ludlow Garage, Cincinnati, Ohio

Greensky Bluegrass, Railroad Earth, and Holly Bowling

9/19/21 @ Red Rocks

Great music and atmosphere. The encore was a real treat; 27 minutes of pure jamming from amazing musicians.

City Morgue at Irving Plaza with my son. Reminded me of the thrash metal days back in the 80's. Looking forward to NYE at Brooklyn Bowl with Soulive.