Subwoofer cable question

I want to run a Rel sub from my integrated amps "pre out" and the sub has only 1 "low level" and  the "lfe" input. Do I need an adapter from stereo to mono or do the low level and lfe inputs on the sub act together as left and right input?

emiliop

Stereo subs make a difference?
Answer: It depends. 
This answer can be found in multiple places. Here’s one.

"While low frequencies are less directional, and the direction of a low-frequency sine-wave point-source may be less perceptible, critical to fine music reproduction are low-frequency interchannel phase differences present in true stereo recordings. When reproduced properly with stereo subwoofers (or two full-range speakers), these phase differences are critical to reproducing the sound space of the original concert hall.

Critical even to casual listeners is that if you sum the low frequencies of true stereo recordings into mono by using only one subwoofer, low-frequency interchannel phase differences partially or completely cancel each other, reducing or eliminating low-frequency output levels!

Try jamming a stereo bass signal through one mono subwoofer and you lose a lot of hall ambience as well as bass level.

True stereo recordings are usually classical and other proper acoustic recordings made with pairs of microphones. Most "stereo" pop and jazz recordings are really just multi-miked mono, with each mono mic "panned" someplace between left and right. Pop recordings rarely have low-frequency interchannel phase differences, although they usually have bass information panned one way or another that also should be reproduced through stereo subwoofers if you demand the most accurate reproduction.

Putting the math aside, the best way to demonstrate this is to swap between one and two subwoofers with a real stereo recording, and it will be obvious."
https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/stereo-subwoofers.htm

I don't have the sub yet so I didn't know about the included high level cable. So this cable connects to speaker taps on the amp and the other end to sub? Then normal speaker cables go from high level out on sub to main speakers?

Hide45 I can't afford stereo subs at this point. Maybe in the future if "the boss" agrees. 

Here is the facts if you really want to know. There is a left and right channel for a reason. The RECORDING has a left and right BASS TRACK. If you use only a left or only a right from your source as the signal to your subs, HALF of the BASS track is NOT THERE to listen to.

Below 80hz the waves are so long separation is impossible, BUT you still have to play BOTH left and right to get the entire recorded piece. Unless it’s recorded in MONO and mirrors the bass track to both left AND the right, you had better use both left and right source signals IF you want to hear the WHOLE recording.

LFE is a combo of left and right bass tracks with a step baffel bump of +3-10db at 40hz and below.. AT THE SOURCE, not the plate amp.. LFE to LFE works great in HT more so.. Bombs exploding and really loud FARTS..

I say KNOW your equipment first, before using only HALF the signal that’s supplied to your subs as a signal.. It’s not only important to use left and right it’s important to know WHY!!!

With great respect and Regards, your welcome..