Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

My present 3.7s are SN 1285-1286, i think they were produced in 2011.

This is my second pair of 3.7s as i owned a pair with much lower SN numbers from 2014 to 2019.

@ydjames A lot of Thiel owners use Tube linestage to have a more musical presentation and less glare.

I will probably go separates in the near future with a tube linestage and Class A SS amp.

As of now i have to find better cabling to suit my 3.7s.

YYZ has a Coda amp with 3.7s (and I believe he listened to a Coda 16) before selling me the modded (LSA) Voyager amp and there's probably comments by him in a few threads.

I use the CODA #8 with the Thiel CS3,7. It was an amp that could drive the CS3.7 to it’s full potential with some degree of finesse. I have had some other amps on the CS3.7, such as the Benchmark AHB2 and a modified LSA Voyager 350 GAN, that both had a bit cleaner top end than the CODA #8. However, overall the #8 was the best on the Thiel.

I also had the KRELL K-300i integrated on the Thiel CS3.7. It is also fantastic on this speaker. My room is not huge so the KRELL XD line stereo or mono would be better yet in a larger room. This XD stuff is CODA level quality, maybe smoother and more low end.

I recently heard the CODA #16 with my preamp CODA 07x on Legacy speakers, at the dealer. The #16 had Benchmark AHB2 level clarity, #8 like power (likely more), and I would have expected it to be smoother than the #8. I did not listen long enough to pay attention to that. The best amp I have heard. It is on my upgrade wish list.

Today, I moved my Benchmark LA4 preamp back in to the office to have it easiy flipped over to the CODA #8. I normally use the CODA 07x preamp but I sometimes miss the pure silence of the LA4 and the increased detail. It is very easy for me to change the 15 foot Benchmark XLR cables I have from the LA4 and 07x into the CODA #8.