Anyone Get a Degritter for Xmas?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and would love to hear owner experiences!
dhcod

I have had a Degritter for a week. I was prepared for some improvement in my playback after reading the many reviews and watching many YouTube video. 

I was quite unprepared at how much better everything sounds after a run through the degritter. A tape quality silence on a clean record free of any scratches.

Considering the increase in sonic quality (not subtle) it is real value for money.  

Go Estonia! Home of the Degritter. Small but very invovative country.

I wish I could afford a Degritter.

I bought one this time last year and I couldn’t be happier. It does a great job at removing most of the dirt and leaves your records static free. Static was the main problem with my Nitty Gritty 1.0. That and the time and effort required to properly clean a record.

In my experience, the Degritter saved some of my records that had previously been practically unlistenable, but not all. It is not a miracle worker. Some records are beyond repair.

So, if you have a large collection (it doesn’t make sense to buy one for a smaller collection if you consider the cost per record to clean), have a decent playback system that will reveal the lower noise floor, and if you have realistic expectations about what the machine can and cannot do, then I can wholeheartedly recommend buying one.

I got one last year and I love it! I've cleaned a few hundred albums through it and have had no trouble whatsoever - everything works as advertised. I did have one question I needed to ask them, and they are very responsive; I heard back within a day.... 

I've owned the Degritter for almost a year now and have cleaned about 600 albums so far. It's an excellent and reliable machine but I wouldn't  buy one for the sole purpose of removing ticks and pops on otherwise good albums. It's just "ok" in that regard. It does better removing noise from dirty albums than it does for random ticks and pops, but so does my Okki Nokki rcm. My experience with it also shows that on "some" albums, ticks and pops actually increased after the Degritter cleaned them and got worse with further cleanings! A friend of mine who lives nearby, has experienced the same thing with some albums with his Degritter. Not sure why this is with some albums (newish) and not with others. Must be the vinyl formulations. Not sure. What I would buy one for though is for better sonics. Most albums do sound a bit better after cleaning them either the Degritter. I can say the same for my rcm, but the Degritter takes it up another notch. Not to mention that the Degritter is much more convenient to use.