What CD player will warm my Thiel/Classe systm?

My current 2-channel system: Classe CAP-151 Integrated, Thiel 1.6, MIT AVT-2 cables, Onkyo CD player.

I want to upgrade the Onkyo. For under $1000, what would you recommend to add more warmth? The Thiels are very detailed, and I would like to "pour some cream" over what feeds them. I listen mostly to jazz at low to medium volume in a moderate sized room. Thanks for your input.
ruhl
the rega planet is very grainy. i heard it several times. it's not a pleasant sound to listen to.
I had a Bel Canto DAC2 that was very smooth sounding with very good bass. Or if you want a 1-box player then the Sony CDP-XA7ES. I recently listened to this Sony player and was really impressed how smooth it sounded(plus built like a tank). You should be able to get these well under 1k and this should be a pretty nice improvement over your Onkyo.
What kind of component rack do you have RUHL? I had the same problem with my Thiels, until I changed the shelving on my rack.

Good Luck....
Forgive me for being a novice audiophile, but what is minimax?
I don't have an equipment rack. My components sit side-by side atop a TV cabinet that weighs about 200 lbs and is quite stable.
Perhaps an analogy will help: This morning I put a Blue Note Cd (Herbie Hancock) into my little Sony discman with Grado headphones. To hear Ron Carter's bass I turned on the "mega-bass" feature, and voila, it sounded great. Then I played the same music in my audio system; of course it has better sound stage and clarity of detail but it was lacking the presence and "oomph" in the bottom end. Unfornately, there is no "megabass" to switch on. Maybe this is what wlutke suggested above, and this is the nature of the CS 1.6 speakers. Would a subwoofer be the missing ingredient, rather than changing out my CD player? The Thiel SS1 costs more than my speakers, so that is a bit daunting. This may be a question for the speaker forum, but integrating all the pieces is certainly a challenge. Thanks again.