Sonnet Audio Morpheus

No shortage of DACs out there for sure.

But here’s another DAC worth some investigation.
Anyone here own one or heard one?
Opinions, impressions?

I read the 6Moons review where it earned a Blue Moon Award but
I find their reviews cryptic and the writing style difficult to follow.

Built in Netherlands, available in US.
Not cheap but far from the upper end.
128x128rja
I appreciate your comments on this thread.

I have never heard a Metrum DAC. For the last fives years or so I’ve been enjoying an Aesthetix Romulus Eclipse w/volume control and decided to try something new just for fun. So I purchased the Morpheus after researching as much as I could about it. As far as I know there are no dealers near me for an audition.

These two DACs have quite different sound signatures but I like them both. The Morpheus definitely has the upper hand in resolution and weight/punch, especially in the low end, while the Romulus has much better finesse and grace.
I’ve rolled the pairs of 12AX7 and 6922 tubes in the Romulus to my taste.

I’m currently using a Wadia 270SE transport with both DACs although I have other transports yet to try. Connected with 1.5m Shunyata Sigma XLR digital cable. Redbook only for now.
If Sonnet releases an upgraded DAC I would definitely consider a purchase.
There's a thread on 6Moons if you want to follow the development of the new Sonnet DAC, so far un-named. Not much information though.

Looks like new Sonnet Pasithea DAC will be available sometime early 2022 @ about double Morpheus price.

Looking forward to hearing it and reading reports and reviews.

A review of the Sonnet Pasithea has been completed on Six Moons.

If you read the review and feel that you understand its conclusions please summarize it for us as many of these reviews seem extremely cryptic. Maybe it's just me but I find some Six Moons reviews difficult to understand.

I think Srajan (Six Moons) brings a wonderful perspective -- but yes, his reviews can require some patience to parse...

On my read, his main (or most important) points on the Pasithea are (1) like the Morpheus, it's a truly excellent preamp -- in most applications, it should sound just as good direct as through a quality analog preamp and (2) it has an exceptionally low noise floor and high resolution, without sacrificing tone or emotion.

I used to own the Morpheus, I may try the Pasithea one of these days...