Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb
Thank you all for the responses, so like always attack and become argumentative. I use a Furman Reference 20i and a PS Audio P-12. One for the Video system and the PS for my front end.

Most wrote how they love their conditioners, that is great! My interest was for those to reply who tried them and decided that they were not for them.

As far as the free market goes, well duh! that is a given. And who’s said they were trying to take away your right another duh!

What I was trying to get across was many systems before power conditioners sounded great, not from memory but from experience and what got me into this hobby. Some had that reach out and touching moments, and like you were in the studio, more so than then than today, I might add were many systems sound like hi-fi, thin and bright thus perceived lots of detail. Great for the wow factor at first then it gets old. Back then the goal was to try to get a recording to sound natural and real, young labels like OPUS3 worked hard at their recordings to produce the sound, using Dynaco Stereo 70 amps if I recall in their recording chain. That is a fact.

Good question on what Pass, McIntosh, Mark Levinson. ARC, Solutions, Classe, and on and on use on their gear when they design and voice it, what power cords, what conditioners. Excellent question. The answer for most zero, we change their sound once we get it in our hands with our choice of power cords and conditioners, footers, etc. to tune and color the music to what we like to hear in our room and system and speakers, if not we use the stock power cord, and plug them right into the wall. PS Audio sells conditioners while making audio gear so for sure they use their own conditioners that be dumb if they did not. 

So many conditioners on the market so if one is right then the others must be wrong? They come and go, the next one being the best ever and on and on. Just something to think about. But in the end, this is a hobby, it is fun with opinions and that is OK, but why the attacks and anger over a hobby. Geez.

Does any one here have direct knowledge concerning the type/brand of power conditioning that hi-end component manufacturers use?

Pretty obvious that PS Audio uses their house brand. I’m asking about brands such as ARC, Pass, Boulder etc.

Not sure I would put PS Audio in that crowd, just my opinion.
Pretty obvious that PS Audio uses their house brand. I’m asking about brands such as ARC, Pass, Boulder etc.
@barts I would look at show reports as it may be listed there. Reading between the lines at the CAS in the ARC room they are using all
Nordost supplied the system’s Odin II cables

So I would say it is their power conditioner also (reading between the lines.

Good question on what Pass, McIntosh, Mark Levinson. ARC, Solutions, Classe, and on and on use on their gear when they design and voice it, what power cords, what conditioners. Excellent question. The answer for most zero
@phillyb I would disagree and would say they would make recommendations to their dealers for showroom setup as they would also use them for events like CAS... They may not outright endorse a third party but I guarantee they use them or something in their test beds when collecting data for their published specs.
I plug my amp directly into the wall. It sounded worse into a Furman 15dmi.
In my 50 years, I’ve never had an issue with a lamp plugged into a wall outlet so I’m going to experiment with simpler types of protection.

What I’m discovering in general is that power conditioners can make wire management tougher. I’m betting that deferring to good wire management may have more impact.
Solutions in search of a problem: I have two 20 amp dedicated circuits to my audio system. I was not aware of a power supply problem but thought I would give a PS Audio regenerator a try. I could hear no difference so I returned the unit. Then I bought a couple of Furman Elite 15’s. With this I could indeed hear a difference, but it was clearly negative. My Rowland amps sounded harsh and nasty so they went right back into the wall. It took me a little while to realize what was happening to the rest of the system: flat, lacking dynamics. Even a lowly CD transport was audibly effected. Not sure how that is possible but there it is. So now everything is back direct into the wall and it sounds just fine. Anyone want some Furman units in original packaging?