Warm Sounding Speakers

I set aside my Krell 300Si integrated amp (150WPC - 8ohms, 300wpc - 4 ohms) in favor of more power for my Maggie 3.6's.

I liked the Krell but did think that it was a bit sterile sounding.

My thought is that it might sound better with warmer sounding speakers.

I iam interested in suggestions of speakers that might mate well with the Krell.

Please and thanks!

Dsper
dsper
Price? Monitor vs floorstander?
Those questions aside, I'll make my recommendations.
Soliloquy 5.0 monitors. The most natural sounding speakers I have ever heard/owned. I have tried numerous times to upgrade from them but nothing works as well. Never fatiguing, always easy to listen to and I don't feel as if I'm missing any detail. I was reading a review of a dac the other day and the author mentioned the dac seemed a bit bright so he tried it out with his 5.0s which he claimed were intentionally voiced to have a warm sound.
For a floorstand speaker I recommend Meadowlark Audio Kestrel, the original Kestrel and not the model II. Very similar sound to the Soliloquy with just a tad deeper bass.
Both of these speakers image very well also. Also, both speaker companies are out of business so maybe my taste is not what the market likes. I have to say I can't tolerate speakers that I consider "audiophile" speakers with an over abundance of treble energy.
I'd suggest buying amplification for speakers, not speakers for amplification.
I can't believe you'd recommend the original Kestrel over the Kestrel II. The reason there's a Kestrel II is because the original had a power response issue at the crossover point and went into "cupped hands" mode if you weren't directly in the sweet spot. Everything else you say about the speaker (esp, imaging) is true, but I consider that power response flaw a deal-killer. Besides, a lot of good speaker design has come down the pike in the 16 years since the Kestrel came out--better enclosures, better drivers, better crossover designs, better backwave management (e.g., dual ports at different tunings, transmission lines, hybrids, etc.).

Warm, engaging, and in the price range of a Mag 3.6? Maybe a Sonus Faber Liuto floorstander. Or PSB Synchrony Tower, 1 or 2 depending on budget.
I agree with Unsound..but if trying to match a Krell I would look for speakers that are colored and warmer.Forget Dynaudio as suggested above.B&W comes to mind as a speaker that fits that bill,not sure how Krell mates with it.Also it seems since the word is out that most of B&Ws line is now made in China the prices are dropping daily so a good deal should be found,IMO.
Agree with Unsound and Missioncoonery. Maggie 3.6 is already pretty warm sounding in my opinion. I think you will be much happier to find a different amp for the Maggie.