Who still listens to their First Generation Cd Players?

I still like the sound of those early cd players except early problematic sonys
vinny55
Just picked up a Pioneer pd-4050 at a local garage sale.
Very very clean and obviously well looked after. 1987 vintage.
Hooked it up via single ended rca as this only option and it sounds pretty darn good for $20!.
Very detailed and solid, nice presentation all round, definitely not edgy or harsh, except with cds recorded that way of course!
I think its a keeper
Had a Onkyo top of the line and it died...had it for like 8 years ,I couldn't get it repaired...
Spinning CDs is still my preferred medium but I have constantly upgraded what I play them on. My original 1987 Sony is long gone along with my Denon 5 disc changer from the early 90s. In my main two channel system I use separate components, a CD transport with no onboard DAC (Audiolab CDT 6000) connected to a standalone DAC (Denafrips Pontus II).  The SQ improvement has been tremendous and has breathed new life into my collection of over 2.5k CDs. I still have a 20 year old Rotel 5 disc changer which I use exclusively for HDCD playback. I also have an Oppo Blu-Ray player in my HT system which I use for SACD playback.  Unfortunately, SACD and HDCD compatible players are now extremely hard to come by and I dread the day when these old units breathe their last.
A CDB 460 modified be Van Alstine to the FET Three model is still plugging along quite fine here. To me, it is ridiculously good sounding. If it had a remote control, the PS Audio 2 box setup would be gone. It is not better than the PS Audio, yet it is >95% as good.