Esoteric K03XD

I have the opportunity to buy the Esoteric K03XD at a extremely attractive from a out of state friend.  I trust his ears and he has always bragged about how the XD line was much more musical and organic than previous Esoteric players.  Anyone heard the K03XD? I was never in love with the sound of the older players.  Any feedback about this player would be truly appreciated!
bobheinatz
Gerryah930,

Thanks for your on the K-01xd.  Did you own any Esoteric players before the K-01xd?  If you did how did they compare?
I have not heard it, but go to Music Direct and look at the one review of the K-03XD from a buyer/owner:
Well this is something completely different. I've not had it that long and am still running it through its paces but I'm coming to the conclusion that this outperforms any turntable that I'm familiar with. And this is coming from a true dyed in the wool, buried in the analog camp kind of person. It doesn't sound like a cd/sacd player or like any turntable that I'm familiar with. It sounds like master tape. Pretty convinced now that DSD is the way to go. No streamer i have listened to and I have heard some truly great machines don't sound like this. It has changed my world view about playback systems. The fact that some fifty cent discs from a resale shop can sound phenomenal makes it a game changer. Disc after disc in my collection sound like I never heard them before. I will definitely think twice next time some limited $135.00 plus disc comes out. That's it for now and I will be listening to a bunch of Mofi sacd discs recently purchased of music I already own on Mofi One Step pressings. It should be interesting. One more thing; it deserves an additional star. Score: ******

Fred60,
Thanks for the above information.  Sounds like he was over the moon about the K-03XD.
I don't know anything about Esoteric products.  But I do know this, if a friend is offering you a chance to own a great piece of musical reproduction at a reasonable price, asking oneself how to incorporate that component may be more advantageous than how to exclude.   It may not work out in the end, but that may be a byproduct of your system.  A need indeed is a friend in need.   
Post removed