What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam
In mid-60’s Los Angeles rock was AM radio KHJ 930, with Robert W Morgan in the Morning and The Real Don Steele in the afternoon. For adult listening was KMPC, with Dick Whittinghill in the morning (with occasional visits from Foster Brooks) and Gary Owens during drive time afternoons.  For Classical it was KFAC, and for Jazz it was that station in Long Beach…
WEAW
WGLD
WXFM
WXRT

All Chicago stations, and all playing progressive rock. I lived across the lake in Michigan City, IN and I first listened when I was 10 years on the Arvin table radio I inherited from my grandfather.
I haven't heard his voice since I left L.A., but L.A. classical enthusiasts have an absolutely great DJ in KUSC's Jim Svejda (who, it seems, is still broadcasting).  Erudite. Superb taste. Funny...and fun to parody.