How do you listen?

Forgive me for having the impression that proper audiophilism involves assuming a comfortable sited position at the triangular apex of two fixed points with a meditative smile as aural sweetness is mindfully digested. My problem is I am a modern multi tasking spastic and cannot sit still without reading, watching silent football games, yelling at my kid, etc.etc. Is there a trick to achieving the serene stillness that I think many of you were divinely gifted?
sevestan
OP, may I recommend that you work on having some diversity in life.  If you don't have a hobby or activity that you can divide your time with, I highly recommend you seek that out.  Of course, everyone is different, but I can say that for me having several activities pays dividends for when it is time to relax.  I enjoy mountain hiking.  I enjoy skiing.  I enjoy offshore fishing.  And there is always something to repair or upgrade in & around the house.  Listening to music is another "activity" (if one can really call it that) and can be enjoyed almost daily.  I find that by spending my time enjoying all of these other activities I am better able to sit in the sweet spot and fully engage with the music.  The sound quality plays a role here, too.  It is amazing to experience the sense of depth, imaging, and tonal balance.  But it's the music that takes you on the journey.
Anyway, I can only offer my views and yours may differ.  But I do believe that having several activities allows one to relax and enjoy other time spent in life.  In this case it is music and high fidelity that I am referring to.
Life is too short so just relax, and enjoy the music.
On a related note, I just don’t play my guitar or fiddle as well when the TV is on. Luckily, the piano is in a spot that is far, far away from all media sources.
We have an accepted illness here.  Cat on Lap Disease.
The illness desires no cure, but one is loath to recover. ;)

A great excuse, now and zen...*s*
Ohh no listening is a personal thing. If you are happy with your listening routine keep it that way. What i like to do while listening in my swiveling Poag chair is relaxed roaming the internet regarding informatie what i listening at that moment. It enrich my listening experience.