Tube Amp, Preamp upgrades -- what did you do that improved your units?

Hi folks,
If you upgraded a point-to-point wired tube amp or preamp, what did you upgrade?
I assume capacitors, but was there anything else which you upgraded that made a genuine difference for the sound?
I am looking into improving the caps in my Quicksilver stuff, but before doing that, I am curious if there's anything in addition to caps which I should consider.
Thanks.
128x128hilde45
Post removed 
warning ...  as per @tvad's comments

rather treacherous, slippery slope here, with many bodies of regret-laden audiophiles littered about
@tvad  Good points. Regarding (1), if the alteration is not preferred, then I can put the older caps back in, right?  Regarding (2) noted. I think that the QS gear may really be my main rig for at least 5 years and likely much longer. Upgrading it with beneficial effect would solidify the choice. Otherwise, I suppose, I'd be willing to lose some resale value.

@jjss49 Your warning is appreciated. I assume that I might hedge my bets about the risk taken with the modications if I did a simpler upgrade that would be easier to reverse. Because I don't know electrical engineering I don't know where the line between relatively safe vs. risky upgrades are.

@sns Thanks for the list!
The warnings are legitimate, reason you do homework prior to replacement parts. What is the sound quality you're looking for, is there some lacking in present state of equipment. Reading about other's experiences with particular boutique parts will give you idea of particular sound qualities.
And you can always reinstate original parts if you didn't damage them during removal. Not always possible because of issues with getting desoldering utensil where it needs to go, broken legs on removal of original parts happens. Its not risky replacing with boutique parts as long as you know voltage ratings, never replace with lesser voltage or temperature rated parts unless you understand the circuit.
I always figure the labor time and parts you invest in upgrades will never be accounted for, you're not doing this for the financial aspect, solely for sound quality. You may be able to get back what you paid for used items, I recently sold one of my modded amps for same price I paid originally, prior to mods. I've experienced a few buyers over the years attracted to modded units.

Just simply replacing original parts with upgrades is in no way hazardous to the health of unit unless you replaced with parts not up to spec or incorrect installation of those parts. I assume quality control is superior to generic parts, you can even get matched spec parts when requested.
If it does not have remote volume look into fitting a resistor loaded stepped volume pot.

Gold Point used to be recommended, but there are probably other current rec's.

Aside from my inexpensive Bottlehead I heard before/after with a Matantz 7 and it made a huge improvement (especially @ lower/mid volume levels).

DeKay