Seeing sounds and music.....

Seeing music and sounds ...

Listening music and sound organized waves in your room may be translated in perceived geometrical and topological, fractal flowing of animated forms embodied in each microdynamic flowing note....In attentive focus but relax listening...Like a psycho- acoustical imaginary geometry....Like a " cartoon story" in your head....

Music here is no more only melody, rythm, harmonies, but also a potential "story" displayed in visible forms...It is the interface emerging/vanishing imaginary world between a sound and a musical note...

Synesthesia between sound and colors exist but also synesthesia could be between sound and forms...This specific synesthesia is probably more common and could be a great help in fine tuning a room with our ears....

Each series of notes is an history and a " being" with an expressive figure flowing, walking or swimming or flying in pure POTENTIAL meaning...

Pure POTENTIAL meaning being the dynamical interconnectedness of all the musical notes and the forms phenomena appearing to our eyes with it....

The sound not only convey POTENTIAL meaning though, but reflect also the way this meaning is communicated by pure acoustical 3-d incarnations of each sound reflecting itself the acoustical properties of your Speakers/room/ears...

POTENTIAL Meaning experienced is then perceived in a specific acoustical PERSPECTIVE and takes, related to your room geometry, topology, acoustical content, in furnitures and material treatment surfaces, but also experienced in the limits and the controlled way your system/speakers are WED to a room specifically designed for them by possible Helmholtz controls devices in my case or other possible acoustic devices....

Sound could be "seen" and must not be a surface ever, always a 3-d individualized body in space...It is the goal....

Anyway no sound comes from the speakers, save in a bad room... Sound is an expanding and rythmic sphere of living dynamic whose 2 centers are the speakers at one focus and yourself at the other focus....The 2 foci are interpenetrated rythmic beating hearts.... Because what belong to the specific characteristics of your speakers/system and what belong to your ears are coupled together.... This is my experience....

In this breathing ellipse, there, float like mobile islands on a sea, many pressures zones expressing and surging themselves in the encounter between speakers and ears/ room content and form....

This is my experience listening and seeing music....

How others perceive sound and music experience ?

This is why it is important to control in a relative way the acoustic of the room because the POTENTIAL meaning of the sound and music wedding, are often only a surface, or a distorted fraction of the potential acoustic perceived sphere in non controlled and non treated room INSTEAD of being a 3-D BEING....

Acoustic is the sleeping princess and all the pieces of gear are the 7 working dwarves... Be the prince and awake the princess...

I begin this thread for helping people to "IMAGINE" what could be musical/acoustic "ectasy" or "seeing"....

We always listen WITH our system THROUGH the controlled room/speakers the "recreated acoustic translation" of a past lived event which becme an ACTUAL different acoustical event ...

Most people think the opposite:

They think they listen WITH their uncontrolled room/speakers ,THROUGH their system the electronical "reproduction" of a lived PAST event....

Anyway there is no PERFECT FIDELITY between a lived event and a recorded one....The other complementary act of FIDELITY is in the way your speakers/room will translate and recreated some or all the choices which had taken place at the moment of the recorded event.... The recording information which is a surgical 2-d surface extract of the 3-d lived original lived event and the translation and recreation of it in your room in a 3-d Spheroid, is greatly determined by the relation between speakers/ears/room.... On par and sometimes more than by the choice of the gear itself...

Ok i am not a scientist at all....All my post is only " subjective impressions in me" linked to my material acoustical experiments journey...

I try to conveyed here my experience of the last 2 years in words....

You can speak to me about your experience and what you think...

Those whose brain cannot fathom " meaning" and are ideologically deaf could remain silent....

128x128mahgister
Thanks for your beautifully written moving post artemus_5

By the way all of us are able to train our attention neuronal mechanism...We are all "golden ears" some had teach themselves a bit more, like Steve Kisch, thats all....

And listening is not about acuity or accuracy first and only , it is first about coordinating the 2 ears together and coordinating the visual and hearing system of the body /brain moving eyes or ears or his members body....Hearing become listening a conscious/subsoncious "yogic" activity of the focal and peripheral attention like in subtle breathing ....

Acoustic complement music like the 2 brains hemispheres complement each other....

my deepest respects....
The senses all interact in one’s brain where nobody can say for sure what all might be possible. 

«Most of the possible are also a probable disposed all along in a perspective, the more meaningful probable though is the near impossible or the unexpected, the outcast from our own  perspective»-Anomymus Smith

Miracles and mysteries are everywhere to be seen like in acoustic and music , like in a garden or in a jungle, but man perceive only his own predictable circle of habits and call it "the world"....

«Any natural law is the passive side of love»-an undiscovered teaching of an unknown disciple of Rumi

«Miracles are nature habits not snake oil»-Groucho Marx 🤓

«Miracles are cheap medecine»-Harpo Marx

«Did you not just sell us snake oil here?»-Gummo Marx