Dynaudio Confidence C1 MKI treble

Hi folks. I recently purchased a pair of Dynaudio C1 MKI’s just because I’ve always wanted to hear them, plus I’ve been wanting to go back to stand mounts in the hopes of having better bass integration with my room. Floor standing speakers’ bass response have not been playing nicely with my room’s acoustics but that’s a different story. I have the C1’s partnered with my PS Audio BHK 250 amp and I positively love the C1’s from midrange and below. I have never had such perfect bass integration in my room before. Very solid meaty sound and the speakers simply vanish, but I can’t get passed how closed in the high end seems.

First question, have others noticed this same quality in the C1’s? I can certainly see it described as smooth and warm but it just seems so rolled off. I was never expecting Focals or klipsch mind you. What have you done to increase the openness? Electronics matching? Or is that just the voicing of the C1’s and the Esotar? I really, really want to love these speakers because they come so close to what I love.

Happy Halloween.
arch2
viethluu, I currently have two other pair of speakers with soft dome tweeters and have owned a number more. That's not the issue. Now what it might boil down to is I'm just not a fan of the Dynaudio sound. Could be as simple as that.
Confidence mk1 does require to dial up the volume a bit to sound good. I also find that my c1/c4 have more sparkles when pairing with amps on the bright side.
From the description it appears that the Dynaudio Confidence mk1 sounds even more rolled off in the treble than Harbeth speakers. Although the bass and midrange may sound superb, a single element in the rolled off treble would have ruined everything.

Hopefully you would be able to get it sorted out soon, perhaps with an amp change or something else. Worst case scenario, perhaps the Dynaudios are not the ideal speakers you have wished them to be.

I think you're exactly right ryder. Horses for courses. I think the Dyn's just aren't my thing, though pretty darn close.