Budget High Current Power Cords

Bang for buck, what are the best high-current power cords for power amps/sub amps? Seems an obvious question but I haven't found it in the AG archives.
hickamore
Post removed 
Many lessons here, and thanks for them. Seems there are more worthy PCs in heaven and earth than had been dreamt of in my philosophy. Maybe should have asked "non-DIYers, what PCs do YOU use for wall out to amp, conditioner, subs?" My budget for current project is <$500 per cord.
I recommend looking at DH Labs and Wireworld. They have cords at different price points. Both offer excellent options at the $500 price point. Both are highly respected brands.

I have used both while saving for higher end cords. 
This post/query raises an interesting more general point.

Some companies sell a range of one-size-fits-all power cords, only differentiated by construction and price.

Others sell power cords designed for higher power and lower power applications; sometimes there are different "versions" of what is otherwise the same model.  Almost always, the high power versions are constructed with smaller awg (i.e. thicker) wire.

So, who is right?  If some companies believe the same awg is more than adequate for all applications, are other companies just taking advantage of the situation to charge more for more copper (or whatever).  Or...?
Cerious GE power cords are offered in 3 versions for type of use, but all are priced the same...