Ayre KX-5 preamp with V-3 amp

I'd like to try my Ayre KX-5xeMP preamp with an Ayre V-3 amp to drive a pair of KEF LS50s augmented by a pair of KEF KC62 subs.  Source would be Roon provided via ultraRendu with LPS 1.2 and Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC.  If anyone knows of an Ayre V-3 for sale I'm a buyer.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
If you want to stay with Ayre, sensible given your other gear. I would reach to their newer products. The V-5 is a clear step up from the V-3. The K5xe is a great pre but, mated to a V-3, it might not be any better than the AX7e integrated which you might find for not much more than a V-3. The V-3 is fine in its own right but is bettered by the later models.

BTW, I highly recommend upgrading your QB-9 to the Twenty version.
I was looking for components for a secondary setup. My primary setup is comprised of Ayre QX-5 Twenty serving as a Roon endpoint via Ethernet, DX-5 DSD disc player, and P-5xe phonostage. A KX-5 Twenty preamp and VX-5 Twenty amp drive a pair of KEF Reference 1s augmented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s with SMS-1 bass management.

Absent a V-3, I think I’ll use Parasound for the secondary setup:  JC 1 monoblocks, JC 2 preamp, and JC 3 phonostage. That stuff has been sitting in boxes in the garage waiting for me to list it for sale. The setup will use the ultraRendu with LPS 1.2 and QB-9 DAC for Roon. I’ll talk with Ayre about upgrading the DAC.
dbphd
Good to see you here as always.  I will keep a look-out for a V-3 amp.
Happy Listening!