What's happened to the used high end market recently?? Sales are tough....:0(

The heading says it all!! What do you guys think is the reason that the sales in the used high end market have gone soft??
Prices too high? Economy too slow?? Stock market too volatile?? Something else??

Thoughts....
128x128daveyf
Audiophile hobby is linked to "music" in the higher sense of the word,then to some education of the ears....Now people like more gadgets,games, series, horrible music, and they have no need for concentration of the mind and the ears in one single direction... " "Beauty" "Truth" are words without no more meanings other than their old fashioned sounds...People dont want to stay still they want to play...My rant reveal my age I am afraid so...
I have been a dealer for Jolida  / Black Ice Audio gear for 15 years. Sales have been on the decline for 5 or 6 years. For the past 6 months or so sales have been almost 0. If I am not selling any gear then the other dealers are not selling either. Audio gear sales are down as sales are down for almost all durable goods. Money is tight. Also, today one can buy a very decent amp for $600 - Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, Onkyo. All built to last years. Get one of these and some good speakers and almost anyone would be satisfied. And one can buy a decent set of speakers new for 2k or less. 
@boband212 @mahgister

Do you believe it is the broad audio industry suffering or more isolated to certain brands? The reason I ask is I am aware of several manufacturers, electronics as well as speakers, having their best year ever in 2021 following a record 2020.
The audio market is hot in some areas, and cold in others. Majority of gear that churns in & out of the audiogon classified listings is probably on the "cold" side.