Does Heavy Metal music benefit from a high end audio system?

Not to dig at the genre although I’m not a fan, does Heavy Metal music benefit from an higher resolution systems? I’m not talking about comparing to a cheap box store system, rather, would one benefit moving from an audiophile quality $5-10k to a $100k+system?
kennyc
@noske,

Dave Grohl quoted Lemmy (late of Motorhead) - "Lemmy’s the king of rock ’n’ roll—he told me he never considered Motörhead a metal band, he was quite adamant."

Quite right too. Motorhead were never JUST a metal band.

On the other hand, just like Zeppelin, they are automatically considered to be one of the most famous metal bands to emerge from the UK.

Basically, you don't have to be a 'metal' band to play metal. There are no such rules and distinctions in music where crossover is often king.

In fact here's another great metal track that wouldn't normally be associated with this artist.
William Shatner's awesome take on Pulp's Common People

https://youtu.be/zI3UfxyIdgs
at every Motörhead show i have been too live.

"good evening, or Hello (city name)' We are Motorhead,...and we play rock and roll"

its fast, loud, but it is rock and roll.

with a very few exceptions, %94 of bands listed here are NOT metal.

My records sound sometimes, better than the cds, The REAL "INCUBUS" serpent temptation, not the mainstream pop tripe band, who think they are metal, they are not, they are a pop/rock band.

serpent temptation has 2 versions, the original LP, and the remixed CD version,... with new singer I think, basslines, guitar, a reworked album.

the Steamhammer version of Sodom - Obsessed by cruelty is a completely different version that the cd release, a whole different animal.

Led Zeppelin, Cream, Uriah Heep, Mountain, Blue cheer, etc etc, are rock and roll bands. They may have a few faster parts, that is rock and roll.

I grew up at the perfect age, of the beginning of the NWOBHM music, and the birth of rock/metal/punk crossover music. The metalhead became faster listening to the punk bands, and same with the punk bands, who were influenced by many early metal bands.

arguably the very first NWOBHM band which was labeled as such is a personal fav of mine, Paul Samson, he broke the mold by which many other bands followed, including Venom, Budgie, raven, tank, jaguar, saxon (even the now pop band def leppard) white spirit, witchfynde, and a slew of other originators of metal.

the early punk GBH, ramones, Sex pistols, bad brains, discharge, dead boys, pretty much, punk, metal, etc, all borrowed from one another for a sound they were looking for, first 2 maiden records were heavily punk influenced by Paul DI'Anno, also were originators of their own sound,  many welcomed the metal guitar to their sound, suicidal tendencies, minor threat, the Exploited!!!!  etc etc etc........

many of these post 2000 and newer "thrash bands" while i love them keeping the scene alive, thrash was a product of the 80's metal with many punk influences thrown in to be faster, and vice versa with many punk bands.

I grew up with my Dad and Moms records, Hank williams, rolling stones, thin lizzy, waylon Jennings, captain and tenile, (yeah i know)
john denver, the beatles, zeppelin, mahavishnu orchestra, chicago, and a bunch of "rock" bands.

They influenced many heavier bands, but they are still rock bands.

sure, i may get a ripping, but I've grown up during the beginning of NWOBHM, the birth of thrash, hardcore, death metal (THANK YOU TAMPA!!) and have attended probably 1000+ concerts since the VERY early 80's.

the death of metal from the seattle morons (The Melvins the exception)
which did a hard damage to metal, (at the time was mostly the hairspray bands, who were in it for the women, booze,.. and did i say women?)

took a while, but the seattle fad lasted far too long! eventually went the way of the dodo (thank satan) sure, there were many talented bands, but the damage they did to the Metal scene/fans is undeniable. Pantera was there to help carry what was left of the flag, BUT, pantera are much more known (in the metal community) as a 2nd rate copy band of the mighty "EXHORDER" even though Anselmo denies it, just give a listen. While Pantera did help carry the torch through a seattle grungy fad, they (the metal fans know) of the first 4 Pantera albums. 
  The first four Pantera albums , i think the first was sung by Terry glaze, but was fired. then Terry Lee the next 2,... i think.

anselmo took over for T Lee on the Power metal album. 
all the early pantera stuff is good, if your a fan, and have not heard the albums, check em out.

im tired, I may chime in tomorrow, or after a few more modelos'
don't want to argue, but many of the posts in here are NOT metal bands. mainstream pop bands who are touted as metal by the media, or the bands themselves to try to gain the diehard fans,....one listen, and after the first 20-40 seconds, we know who they are.

the past 20+ years, there has been this "genre" category, 
hard metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, and god knows, 30 more genres in the past 15 years. 

Its cool, but some of the stuff, and the chug, chug, rap/pop/ stuff makes me throw up in my mouth.

anyway, rip me if you ant, im throwing my experience in here, as a diehard metal  fan since a very early age.

some first 8 tracks/albums were
kiss, def leppard, billy joel, styx, ac/dc, motorhead, and many more.
I remember as a youngiin, taking my parents to a local shop here once called "the music joynt" music up front and the smoking paraphernalia in back.
anyway,  I wanted the copy of ac/dc high voltage and Judas priests Sin after sin, parents asked the salesman "is this considered "acid rock?" he said kind of,.....so needless to say, i had to cut many lawns to buy those myself. worth the wait.

stay heavy my sister/brother metalhead!

p.s. i have a massive box of ticket stubs dating back to 1981, earlier ones i didn't think of saving, as my cousin had to take me to shows, as at the time i wasn't old enough to drive yet.
many are signed, most were soaking wet from the crowd, but i have a nice Jeff hanneman, and probably 300+ other signatures from shows over the years.

stay calm & listen to metal!

as far as the OP question, yes and no.
as mentioned here, many early bands had terrible producers, thin bass, tinny treble, try jamming Bathory- blood, fire, death or slayer - reign in blood in your car stereo LOUD, its an onslaught (namedrop!!) to the ears.

anyway, yes a good system will make a metal album sound amazing or bad, depending on the producer, and engineer.
 some early cd editions are so bass thin, its really bad, some sound really darn good, a great album, is kill em all, yeah poptallicas initial debut, the bass is very tight, guitars crunchy, a great album played loud. peace sells is also great!
  metal church's "the dark" is amazing on LP or CD!!
many of the early NWOBHM stuff is also somewhat thin, Samson has some great early stuff, as does satan jokers, kreator, accept, Riot is great, annihilator still has great production, lets not mention the travesty of Malmsteen producing all his great albums in a what seems FLAT EQ, drums are hollow, they are just all the same, almost uninvolving, if any of you remember the scorpions remasters of years back, i bought 3 of the Japanese versions with extra tracks, oh my god,......the first 10 seconds i was going to the next song, i think i picked up tokyo tapes, taken by force, and blackout,....the treble/high end is SOOO in your face, they are UNLISTENABLE, if you have a extremely warm speaker, etc, you may like them, but even my warm RC-70's are too bright, and these 3 cds are THE ONLY ONES to do this.

there i go rambling again.

i love talking rock/metal!  i can talk metal all the time, hangout have a few cold ones, play some rare rock/metal, and just chat about bands, members, LP, CD, versions, artwork (which i miss from the LP recorded)

if you disagree with me, cool, please reply, would love to bs with any metalhead, or metalhead in the making!
remember, we are a family of outcasts (namedrop) i hung out with Todd from The Outcasts for many years, great dude!
and Pete Monstswillo from Zoetrope, we worked at jones inter cable for a while as well. good guy as well.

met thousands of band/members over the years, all pretty good guys/gals. Jo Bench from bolthrower is hotter in person for sure! so is Sabina Classen from Holy Moses (yum) Sabina i believe is one of the very first female singers to sing metal on  the 1982 demo "satans angel" she still sings, and is still friendly and approachable!
  Kate De Lombaert from the mighty "Acid" another founding metal female vocalist. lest not forget The Runaways also !!

see, rock/metal, can go on for hours just, love chatting rock/metal!

g'night  y'all!

@arcticdeth That is all priceless. 

with a very few exceptions, %94 of bands listed here are NOT metal.

I think that number might be a bit low, but anyway, your point is well made by someone who knows exactly what they are talking about.
@noske  

low??  haha, you may be correct!

you ARE correct.

buys Noske a cold bier!