Does Heavy Metal music benefit from a high end audio system?

Not to dig at the genre although I’m not a fan, does Heavy Metal music benefit from an higher resolution systems? I’m not talking about comparing to a cheap box store system, rather, would one benefit moving from an audiophile quality $5-10k to a $100k+system?
kennyc
@audiodidact
"Large scale" reproduction enough to hear resolute sound from that band or any band like it can be done, yes. On a space station.
i disagree.

you have live concerts confused with playback media, whether digital, vinyl or tape. large scale systems, such as mine, in a purpose built, dedicated, 21’ x 29’ x 11’ room with plenty of driver surface, power grid and amplification headroom can certainly do full justice to a heavy metal recording.

how do you suppose they mix and master the recording? it has to work on domestic speakers.

but no one is saying it lives up to the live event. it’s reproduced music.

btw; a space station has tiny interior spaces, and then outside no atmosphere. not music friendly. just say’n.

OTOH space station movie soundtracks are many times beautiful sounding.
Yes it certainly does - I play a lot of metal on a very high-end system -  just like any other genre.... good sound is good sound! 
The idea that tubes and RNR don't mix is silly at best. Most people were still using tube amps in 1969.many good guitarists still do. My 250 CJ wpc was bested by a 35wpc tube amp. Only wish I had known that my first 55-58 yrs on earth. The tube amp was just to wet my appetite to see what all the fuss was about.  Didn't expect it to be that good. My main music is Classic rock. But I am more on the hard Rock * & HM. . I've learned to enjoy other forms of music with a good system which has been a long time in the making. But my system sounds better now than ever on whatever I play. HM, R&R, blue grass, classical, Jazz. Thats with tubes
You haven't heard heavy metal until you've heard 4 watts single ended. THUNDER!!!!! THUNDER!!!!!
Not to dig at the genre although I’m not a fan, does Heavy Metal music benefit from an higher resolution systems? I’m not talking about comparing to a cheap box store system, rather, would one benefit moving from an audiophile quality $5-10k to a $100k+system?
I can not speak to all subgenres of metal, but I listen to a lot of progressive and technical metal, and yes, a high end, high resolution system benefits these subgenres.

These subgenres, tend to be better recorded than most metal, has better dynamics, more subtlety, more detail, lots of emotion, etc, than most subgenres of metal, so yes, played on a better system, will benefit them.

Metal is not just one thing. Bands like I am referring to, have a very high level of musicianship (often jaw dropping), compose very complex music, play and compose with lots of emotion.

Bands like: Pain of Salvation, The Contortionist, Cynic, Tesseract, Riverside, Caligula’s Horse, Haken, Thank You Scientist, and quite a few others.

These bands may have the surface veneer of playing metal, but they are playing very sophisticated music.

Let me make one more addition to this post, just for some context.

I also listen to a lot of jazz (post bop, fusion, avant-garde), classical (modern, avant-garde, contemporary), and prog (avant-prog, classic prog, Zeuhl, Canterbury). So I am not coming from the ’metal fan-boy’ position, but of someone who likes all sorts of very well played and complex music and some metal has those attributes.