If Power Cords Don't Matter...

First of all, I don’t own any high-end power cords, mostly because I can’t fit them behind my rack. Second, I am not trying to stir up controversy, as you will see from my question. I understand that the people who believe power cords make no difference argue that once the power gets into the component, the AC is converted to DC and the power supply of the component takes over completely. I think I have that right for the most part. So it that’s true, and it probably is from a traditional EE standpoint, why is it that I have not heard anyone say that power conditioners make no difference? I am not aware of anyone with a decent system ever saying that a Niagara or Triton or Audience teflon conditioner didn’t affect their sound, for good or for bad. So if the EE theory is true, wouldn’t power conditioners make no difference either? I have an Audience AR6T for almost 10 years and I think it made a big difference. BTW - I am not talking about Power Plants, which deal with voltage stabilization, which is a different topic.  Obviously, if your AC voltage is way off, it's going to cause problems.  
chayro
You can add me to the camp that hears a difference with better power cables. I added a set of SR Foundation power cables to my amps and preamp. I’ve been listening to them all week and the sound from my system has absolutely improved. I actually notice more reverb from the instruments in the music I’ve been listening to this week. Drums sound more real than they did with my OEM cables. The higher frequency notes have much more clarity. All my cables now have silver conductors instead of the standard OEM copper. To my ears, this has absolutely been worth the upgrade.
@holmz dude: breaking news to you: plenty of online shopping sites. Including the Cable Co. to try some cables. Do you have Internet? Obviously since you are WINNING the forums here. Credit card then?

There are literally no shops within 1000 miles.
Thanks @thyname I am in fact awaiting an order to arrive, which was placed 6-8 weeks ago.
I’ll probably get some Furutech ends for the wall and the inlet, and some RF chokes to put on the cord.

I probably need to borrow an o-scope. If you fellows are hearing things, then if it is real I would be able to see something removed.
However I could be in an area with less noise on the power. Or maybe my amp and preamp are more immune to it? Or maybe I am just lucky with how the system is grounded and wired? 
There has to be some reason why certain people find these things work, and others don’t. That seems pretty interesting.
Maybe the incandescent lights and not using LED dimmers is helping me?

What do you think? Could it be environmental differences?
@arcticdeth I am with you.

Take your hard earned money and buy more music, or speakers, cartridges, new CD player, or dac.
don’t waste your money on a 2 foot shielded cable.

I don’t know my man. Sherlock Holmes. I just use plain old fashion ears. Put it on. Listen. Repeat.

While you are at it, buy a $25,000 audio Precission equipment. Or a Null Tester from Ethan. Whatever turns you on. Or read stuff people with AP post in the Internet. Whatever makes you happy