Combining home theater with two channel

I have a 7 channel home theater system. In my system, I have Marantz 7706pre amp, Emotiva XPA-Differential 3 channel(450 wpc) driving my golden ear R1s and center channel, XPA-4 (275 wpc) driving surround speakers. When I switch to 2 channel to play music, I’m just not impressed with the emotiva.
My dealer suggested that I add an integrated amp to the system to play music.  The krell K-300i. I just have a hard time understanding how can a 150 wpc amp pack more of a punch than a 450watt amp. 
128x128peytoni
@dbphd 
The JC5 is a stereo amp , its in essence the stereo version of the JC 1 mono blocks . 
I know it sounds like hokum but it is not.  For me, full HT is less important than sound quality.  So I am going the two channel route for TV and movie streaming.   I find that it is more than adequate for HT duties. But now music streaming is so much better.
I am running the TV with a 2.1 stereo set up… and I am wondering why I even ordered a center channel. I might try 4.1 for a while if the surrounds arrive before the center channel (then decide on 5.1).

And also have an AV processor “soon to arrive”, so this is sounding like we are along somewhat similar paths.

This is my regular dealer response when I told him that I am interested in parasound JC 5 and JC2.
“The Parasound products would retail for 10,800 dollars plus a DAC and streamer you don’t need spend that much money, would not go over 8k with your speakers the Krell units I have retail for 18,200 I I could do 25 percent discount which would be about 4600 off and you don’t need to spend that kind of money unless you’re going to upgrade your speakers “

“A great sounding system requires a balanced system.”

“Yes it would be perfect with your speakers and a one box solution, that won’t break the bank,and it will do justice to far more expensive speakers.”

After these responses, I purchased the parasound equipment from another dealer. I spoke to my regular dealer today and after speaking with him I decided to return the parasound equipment and get the Krell K300i integrated amp.
jdub39, a stereo version of the JC 1 makes much more sense. I don’t know what I was thinking. The number after JC has had nothing to do with the number channels. JC 2 is a preamp, JC 3 a phono stage. At 85 I may have been exhibiting a senior moment.

My setup is similar to that described by bkeske. For surround, a Bryston SP3 processor sends balanced front LR to an Ayre preamp by-pass, balanced center to the JC 1, and balanced surround to pair of NAD 268s. For stereo it’s just Ayre preamp & amp. Speakers are KEF Reference 1s, 204/2C, 4 LS50s, and a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s with bass management.
@dbphd 
That is one impressive setup and the perfect way to have the best of both worlds. Sounds to me the Ayre and the JC1's are a good match? I'm still largely undecided when I add a 2/ch preamp, if I remember correctly didn't you once use the Jc2?