What DAC to use with a Sony XA7ES

I find my XA7ES which is a stock unit is on the heavy side of sound. Meaning I feel I have to much low end and not controlled. Want to get more excitement into this unit. I can use more detail in the mids and less boom on the low end. I want to try a Dac and hoping someone else is using the XA7ES for a transport and what Dac you may be using with good results.
Any help on picking out a Dac would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
valleyplastic
Dave, I think you will waste money if you get a cheap dac. I beleive that to beat your player, you have to spend doube of what the player costs, as far as a new source component. I don't know your speaker cables, never heard them, but if you want faster sound and more detail, plus more controlled bass, you may want to try Audience AU24 speaker cables or Acoustic Zen HologramII speaker cables. I think your interconnects are fine. I have the same ones. They do have nice bass, but also are pretty detailed. I'd suggest looking at speaker cables. Also, power cords could bring a nice improvement. If you didn't upgrade PC on your player, I'd recommend Audience powerChord. Works good with digital. What integrated are you using? Is it tubed or SS? Does it accept balanced interconnect? Id yes, you may want to try Sony balanced.
Post removed 
Tvad, I never reffered to Paradisea DAC. I have no idea what it is.

it's that time of the month for you, ha Grant?

I always knew it.
I used to own the XA7ES. Unfortunately I've never tried any DAC with the Sony before selling it off to one of my buddy so I can't offer any advice. However, just to let you know that even with my CEC transport coupled with the extremely cheap budget Gamma DAC, they outperform the Sony with the most apparent improvement in bass definition. Yes you are correct on the 'heavy' bass which seemed undefined with the 7ES.
11-16-06: Tvad
Auphile1 seems to believe the answer to all audio issues is new or different wire. It's a constant theme. Wire change is one approach. It's not the only approach.

Grant,
Only because cabling and the rest of the system wasn't mentioned in original thread, I thought I'd explore the possibility. Also, because I am familiar with the sound of the Sony XA7ES.

I've heard a cheap dac. Not the one you mentioned though.

And what should I endorse? Should I recommend something I am not familiar with? I can't do that.
Aren't you endiorsing products you own? Moscode, the above mentioned dac, purist dominus power cord? Next time when you try to accuse someone of something, make sure you're not guilty of the same crime.

You seem to take offense when other people's opinions differ from yours. That's fine. You also self-proclaimed to be a moderator to some posts....well sort of...

Have a nice day.