Recommended streamers/servers?

Up to $5,000. At present I have a SILENT ANGEL RHEIN Z1 V2 MUSIC SERVER connected to a PS Audio DS DAC via USB CABLE.
erastof
I'll join the Bluesound Node2i dogpile. I demoed a few streamers, dacs, and combos up to $3k (yes, not much in audiophile land but I'm not rich either) and I personally feel the Bluesound is the best deal going without spending more. It's simply amazing sound quality, and software updates are still coming today. For under $500 US it's a staggering value.
As @tk21 mentioned, adding the Bridge II to your DS Dac might be the best option. This is made specifically for your DAC and is probably the best value option. 

If you are looking for something that will work with other DACs, the BlueSound Node 2i is a great value although it may not be quite up to the standard set by your DAC.

Along with the other excellent suggestions here, I would check out the Sonore products. The OpticalRendu, in particular, offers outstanding performance assuming you are connecting to a USB DAC. 
There are fundamental differences between using a streamers USB output to DAC versus SP/DIFF or AES output to DAC. Depending on the strength of your DAC one or the other can sound much better. The DAC must retime the USB bitstream, the others it does not.

I have found large and profound differences between sub- $3K streamers, $5K, $10K, and $20K+ streamers. It is somewhat like a turntable, in general, high quality streamers provide a much higher quality signal. This is then turned into an analog signal and amplified. It may be counterintuitive, but it makes a huge difference. On the other hand like all components it needs to be matched with appropriate quality equipment for high quality sound that is cost effective. Matching a $10K streamer with $500 DAC, preamp, and amp is unlikely to allow you to fully appreciate it’s full potential.
Brooklyn Bridge II ( or I) or Lumin T2. Both punch above their weight. Very good DAC’s on board. One box too. 

Hello,
Its all about the DAC. If your DAC is good then you are good to go. I use the BlueSound Node 2i as the streamer. I want to upgrade the power supply because I heard it takes the BSN to a whole mother level. You say why spend the money?  The BlueSound OS is really nice. Plus they offer other options to add on to your whole house music system. I tested the Ayre QX-8 DAC a few months ago and I thought it was really great for a five thousand dollar DAC/streamer.