Townshend Springs under Speakers

I was very interested, especially with all the talk.   I brought the subject up on the Vandersteen forum site, and Richard Vandersteen himself weighed in.   As with everything, nothing is perfect in all circumstances.  If the floor is wobbly, springs can work, if the speaker is on solid ground, 3 spikes is preferred.
128x128stringreen
i have the kef blades which weigh 126lb you think I can get away with the gaia 2?
I dont like the idea of raising the speaker height and the big gaia 1s are enormous

Personally for me, the improvement in sound quality takes precedence over the increased height of the speaker. At most it’s half inch to an inch which is not exactly a big difference.

At 126lbs, I would pick the Gaia I instead of II as the weight has already exceeded 121lbs which is the upper limit of the Gaia II. Although the weight of my speakers are below the upper limit of the Gaia II, I still picked the IIs as the weight is very close to the maximum limit of the IIs. Isoacoustics recommends to pick the next model up if the difference is too close.
I may not have anything against Nobsound nor do I wish to contradict Millercarbon’s positive experience with the Nobsound, and I am sure they work wonders in some systems and may produce similar or better results than the Isoacoustics Gaia. However, there is one big hindrance for me to consider the Nobsound even though it may have the same benefits as the Isoacoustics equivalent.

To me, the Nobsound doesn’t look the part. I have looked at these after Millercarbon recommended it several months ago on another thread. The isolation footers not only need to sound good but they need to look good as well. I have to say that looks do matter to me. My speakers not only sound a lot better with the Gaias but they also look nicer and more elegant with them. The Gaias are really a great option for anyone looking to add some isolation to the speakers, and I can highly recommend them after the positive things they have added to my system.

SImilarly, I have read great things about the Townshend seismic platform and believe that they are superior to the Isoacoustics Gaia. People who have compared both always find the Townshend to sound better. I was made to understand that the Townshend platform has 100% success rate without any registered failures when installed to the speakers, contrary to the Isoacoustics Gaia where 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 experience a degradation in sound quality instead of an improvement. Nevertheless, I suppose the Townshend is more suited to higher end systems and not modest or budget setups like mine. The Gaias represent higher value than the Townshend equivalent although the latter is sonically superior.

Similarly, the Nobsound represents higher value than the Gaias but I still picked the latter as it looks the part at a cost that is not too exorbitant when compared to the Townshend. :-)
The Gaias represent higher value than the Townshend equivalent although the latter is sonically superior.
Not sure I agree.
In Australia the Gaia 1 to suit my speakers were A$2.2K and the Podiums were A$3.3K delivered from UK. So 50% more for the Podiums.
I tried the Gaia 1 but thought they were disappointing at the price and returned them.
In my system the Podiums made a much more emphatic and obvious improvement justifying the higher cost.
So, regardless of the higher cost, my experience is the Podiums are better value - though like most things this will probably be system, listener and possibly location (RRP) dependent.  
Tobes, I agree. Perhaps my thoughts are too general and not applicable to all scenarios. Also, the perception of value is subjective. The Townshend can appear to be great value when compared to Isoacoustics in certain conditions.

If something works like a charm in the system, it will be regarded as great value irrespective of price. In this case, the Townshend. If something doesn't work at all, it is useless and has no value..

some interesting pricing in your countries.
In the US the gaia 2 are $289 for a set of 4

Also, whats the correct size for kef blades (1) ? the base is fairly oval so it might look odd as these seem designed for square bases.
size 3?