In house for review: AricAudio's Super 300B SET amplifier & Western Electric 300B tubes

I have in-house for review, for the Stereo Times website, the Aric Audio two chassis Super 300B SET amplifier and a pair of new production Western Electric 300B tubes. I don't think its possible, unless he would do it on purpose, for Aric to design or build anything less then superlative tube based preamplifiers and amplifiers. I have reviewed four of his creations and they all were wonderfully built and produced beautiful music. When I reviewed his two chassis 211 SET for 6Moons, it was obvious that his gear competed with the most highly regarded companies products, but at much more sane prices.

The Super 300B SET two chassis amplifier has lived up to my expectations regarding a world class level of performance, based on its huge over sized power supply and what tubes he uses to drive the pair of 300B's to create pristine colors, 3D imaging, an intimate connection with the music, but not overly lush to the point of losing dynamics/speed inherent in music. Part of the review will also contain my take on the Western Electric's current production 300B tube, compared to at least three other very highly regarded 300B tubes. So far, the combination has had me listening for hours with sonic bliss!

Hopefully, my Stereo Times review will come out before the end of the year with all the details. Just wanted to give you Gon members a heads-up if your are in the market for a 300B SET amplifier to consider putting Aric's Super SET two chassis design on your "holiday list". 

Teajay (Terry London)
amorstereo
Just submitted my review for Stereo Times. I entitled it, "A Combo of Sonic Delights" because of the final conclusions I came to regarding the performance of Aric's Super 300B SET amplifier and Western Electric 300B tubes.

I have had in my systems four highly regarded 300B SET amplifiers, ranging in price from $3000 to over $25000, and can honestly state that the Super SET amplifier is the best I have ever had in-house. I also tested four other very respected 300B tubes, and compared to the Western Electric 300B's they were completely outclassed in their performance. Hence, the title of, "A Combo of Sonic Delights".

For all the details please take a look at the review. I hope it will go up in the next couple of weeks. Congrats to both AricAudio and Western Electric for their great products. By the way neither of these are leaving my house, I bought the combo!

Terry London

I like when manufacturers follow these threads and don't "push " their products...  instead they answer on topic, in layman's terms.   I've heard nothing but good things about Aric Audio.   Good to see local builders , Massachusetts was once the hub of audio back in the day.  So many audio companies have roots in Boston, more than probably any other place in the world.
Hey rocray,

I used the AricAudio Motherlode MK-II, SPL Elector, and Coda 07x, all with wonderful results. My favorite was teaming the Super 300B SET with the Motherlode MK-II with NOS 6SN7 TungSol 1940's black glass oval plates, just a beautiful pairing in my system.