How hot is too hot?

When i leave my Parasound Hint 6 on overnight, it is hot to the touch (top grill), not warm, in the morning. There is nothing on the sides and 6 inch clearance on the top.I even tried switching the input to something nothing is connected to - like AUX or PHONO. Doesn't help. I have to turn it off now when i don't use it. No big deal, but it seems like something must be wrong to produce that much heat when not in use.

Is this normal? What part of the unit produces that much heat? What can i do?
epz
Post removed 
That auto “on” is cool stuff!

Mine don’t have it. 
My old system did I think, Onkyo m-504, tx-890 as pre amp, few CD players, Onkyo dx-7500, had an IR cable, but never used it. 
hahahahahahahhahahaaaa,
 you could just about fry an egg on top of my Sugden amp when it's left on all weekend,you shouldn't have anything to worry about..
I don’t know audio products run hot it just take watts to make sound, I have some power amplifiers from crown and going near them you feel a change in temperature a little more when they are being used as opposed to idle. Also remember as things age they tend to degrade so replacing anything that is used to transfer heat or if it can be upgraded should be looked into if it bothers you that much about the heat 
Thanks everyone for your replies. When i bought the unit i called Parasound  just to ask if i can leave it on. They said i can leave the amp on 24/7 as it was designed to do that. I didnt ask about heat back then because i didnt notice it at that time.  I sent an email to the Tech dept the other day. Have not heard back yet. 

Some of you say - leave it on, others say turn it off until needed. I can do that - not really a big deal but i still wonder if the amp is faulty somewhere. 

Some of you mentioned an infrared thermometer. Any suggestions for an inexpensive model? I'll probably never use it again for anything else. I should ask my local facebook group to just borrow one.