If there’s an audiophile exit ramp, this ain’t it…

Audiogon and the audio press, I mean. I finally have the system I was aiming for and had imagined for my future, as conjured from the cryptic pages of stereophile etc. — incredible transparency, scale, and ‘realness’ — but whenever I’m drawn to these sites/pages, as I have been for two years, I am confronted again with doubt and a vague longing for ‘perfection’ in a new purchase. I just want to enjoy the music.

Im ready for the audiophile exit ramp, and this ain’t it…
redwoodaudio
I have almost always maintained that once you reach whatever you consider as perfection and have no interest in moving forward, it is no longer a hobby. Whatever it is becomes a possession that you use but no longer strive to work with and further perfect. I think a hobby is something that occupies your time, your involvement and your interest to move forward with whatever the endeavor happens to be. A stamp collector that no longer collects stamps is no longer a stamp collector but rather becomes a person with a stamp collection.
@pmiller115

I have almost always maintained that once you reach whatever you consider as perfection and have no interest in moving forward, it is no longer a hobby. Whatever it is becomes a possession that you use but no longer strive to work with and further perfect. I think a hobby is something that occupies your time, your involvement and your interest to move forward with whatever the endeavor happens to be. A stamp collector that no longer collects stamps is no longer a stamp collector but rather becomes a person with a stamp collection.

what you say above is doubtlessly correct

as a point of discussion though, one can justifiably debate whether hifi (the gear) is the hobby, or whether music (the content) is the hobby -- in the latter case one can get off the equipment merry go round and still experience much joy in searching out new music, new performances ...

probably DIY will help ignore a lot of bought positive reviews .But it will take a lot of time- learning,patience and consistency building your own systemOther way forget reviews ,listen stereo systems in shows or shops ,trying to find what kind of sound you like the most
Post removed 
Post removed