PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
@holmz which amp do you have? Actually it sounds like you got worse results with triode. That lines up with what I reported above. 
@kingbarbuda The Dialogue HP, which is a stereo amp.
You text said:
Triode bass was boomier, mids and trebles were subdued and less clear and distinct. Basically everything in triode mode was less clear and distinct. 
However I found the bass louder in UL.(i am not sure if that means “boomier”?)
And also I found in Triode that the mid and treble was “airy”. It seemed like maybe it would be better with piano and vocals, but less appealing for use with TV sound tracks, and also less appealing with more of the mainstream rock/blues/etc.
@holmz. I am getting the impression that you are somehow vested in what my impressions of the KT150s are and that our experiences are in alignment. In one way, that is flattering. But on the other hand, our systems and rooms are completely different. I am streaming Qobuz via Roon through different equipment cables and speakers than you in a different room with KT150s that are not burned in yet. Plus I had already rolled two of my inner preamp tubes. If you have a lot of hours on your KT150s and you prefer the sound of triode mode over ultralinear then that is fine. Maybe after my tubes burn in I will have the same experience. Alternatively, maybe I won’t. Either way is ok with me. At this time I am preferring ultralinear on my setup with my gear in my room. I will try triode again when I get a chance. If I have time I may report back. Otherwise, enjoy your system. That’s the one that matters to you. 
Don’t be too flattered, I am just trying to get a handle on what to expect.

The box of KT-120’s and the 6 input tubes came in today, so the ELs will come out. I probably should have waited, but was overly curious.

And I also got a couple of tubes from my pre-amp.

Enjoy your system Sir, and I’ll do similar with mine.